Our Cams In Print?

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
In next months issue of North American Whitetail, there will be an article written about trail cameras. Quote: How to use infrared-triggered cameras to manage the deer herd you hunt :Unquote They probably won't mention anything about us......unless Jesse has been keeping it a secret from us!!! :lipssealed Come on! tell us you gave them an exclusive interview!!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
BrotherWolf, I pimp our project as much as I can. I haven't talked to any magazines but there is one outdoor writer I know personally, that I keep bugging to give us some ink.

Looks like some of the game camera companies peek in here as evidenced by the new game cameras out this year.

Our appearance on Good Morning America is next week by the way. :dancinred

Jon Bain

Reaction score
That article is more than likely to be written by Dr. Kroll who has been working with these things for years in his deer studies.  I advise reading it if you want to see how to put the cameras to good use in deer management.

If you want an article written, you have to query a publication.  Something like popular science or popular mechanics would be a good start as well as some of the hunting magazines.  The thing about the hunting magazines is that a lot of the game camera manufactures pay good money to the publishers and the article may be a conflict of interest.  

Richard Webb

Reaction score
We are probably better off to keep quiet about what we're doing. I don't know about back East, but out here we hunters have enough  political opposition without telling about our cameras. Just a thought.

mike

Reaction score
I can only imagine what fear the outdoor camera industry has when they see a site like this.They could never compare the price difference. But on the other hand, they made it happen. For guys like me who can't afford there price tag. Long Live The HomeBrewers.....:)

gizz

Reaction score
See RW, we agree on something!
Seriously, If this were to catch on so big that everyone had them then I'm afraid the PA Fish&Game  commissions may want to pass "something" making it illegal or better yet, make us register them for a FEE. Also if these cams were to become "common" place then of course more thieves would be out walking around waiting to be "flashed". What do any of us have to gain by the corrupt media doing a story?
I say leave it as is and tell your freinds - if you want.

Possum

Reaction score
Richard, It is not as bad back here in the East, but they are gaining ground.  You guys out there have it bad.  

big tom

Reaction score
Hey, guys, here's my 2 cents- we gotta keep quiet, otherwise the Game Departments will start banning them, as not "Fair Chase" or "Non-Traditional" like they just did today for motorized duck decoys in Washington State,  so the less that peope know the better (except our wifes).

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I know one thing, the antis hate these cameras. I posted in a newsgroup for nature photography to help someone out and the antis attacked me in the newsgroup and then my website. I'm surprised they haven't shown up here yet. One of them mentioned  wanting to come in here and tell all of us deer murderers, as he called us, his views.

gizz

Reaction score
He/she would not last long in here! I don't frequent their bbs so stay the @#$ out of ours!:no no:

(Edited by gizz at 10:27 pm on Aug. 16, 2001)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Well (ignoring the Anti's for a sec :skeered &nbsp if the cams get too popular, somebody will see Revenue and we'll need a lisence :lipssealed

Ouch!

Tinhorn

Billy in VA

Reaction score
I am sorry guys.. I am using my gamecam to get pics of critters in the woods. These are my trophies that I place on the wall of my home ,some are next to old mounted heads left from my youth (last year).  I would never use a gamecam to manage a deer herd!  Would y'all?  Billy

Strutter

Reaction score
Hi guys.  Should have some new pics tonight or tomorrow.  
    All I can say about them wanting some money for using these cams is.  I don't know what you're talking about your honor,  I use these cameras to monitor for trespassing on my property.  I can't help it if I get a lot of wildlife pictures on every roll. :D :D

Strutter

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom