Out of season

songdog

Reaction score
Went out last saturday morning for some calling.  First stand had a coyote trotting away just as we sat down and never got a shot.  Next stand at a higher elevation had two foxes come in to within 15 yards within 20 seconds of when we started calling.  They just sat there with smug grins on their faces.  Finally, on the road on the way out a bobcat decided to cross not 10 yards in front of us and would have been an easy shot.

So the one that you can shoot doesn't present a shot and the three that you can't offer the easy shots...  I guess that's why they call it hunting.  If you got what you wanted every time you went they'd call it shopping.

EVAN III

Reaction score
  Sounds pretty typical. You have about the same luck as I do. But it still sounds like you had a good time.

EVAN III

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Johnathan, I have to agree with you. It seems so true, you hunt yotes you see quail, you hunt quail you see yotes, you hunt deer and you see yotes and so on I feel your pain LOL . I like what you said... (I guess that's why they call it hunting.  If you got what you wanted every time you went they'd call it shopping.)

Rimrock

Reaction score
Songdog,

I know how you feel. Just got back from a two day trip. Only made one call stand with no results. Saw several deer, one bobcat, two flocks of turkeys (no tag and no shotgun), and one coyote. It showed while I was opening a gate and offered no shot. :flush:

Had a couple of teenagers along and they warmed the Sako .223 up on squirrels. They shot over a hundred rounds plus a lot of .22 rimfire ammo. one of them shot a meat pig.

Oh yeah, the rancher says, "Come back anytime."

Play fair.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom