Ovis anyone?

Shane

Any JHOers ever hunt asia for argali, urial, tur, ibex...?

It's on my 'dream hunt' list.

Shane

I'll bite. Depends on what a person is hunting. The Argali sheep and ibex are impressive to me. Is there a certain country you would/would not hunt? Why?

elmacho

I am researching an ibex hunt in mongolia. Looks like a really great hunt, cost is not too crazy- like it is with argali. Ibex for about $10k vs argali for at least $25k.

I have always wanted the ibex, but don't want to wait to see if I never get drawn in New Mexico.

Plus, I am probably going to China with my family in 2008(you have to fly to beijing to get to Mongolia) so I may add it to the trip.......

From what I have seen from the Ovis Grand slam book they put out, most of Asia turns out some wicked trophies ---various argali, various tur, various ibex and other sheep. Guess it's like the x-games of hunting.

Good luck

I'm going to hunt Ibex this Nov in Kyrgyzstan. It'll be my first international trip. It started out as an ad on to a group of friends hunting Marco but since they stopped the importation of argali from Kyrg. the sheep hunters will go to Tigikistan insted. I would like to have been able to afford a marco but it should be a great experience no matter what i'll be hunting.
bryan

Shane

What an experience, for sure. Do you know which flavor of ibex you'll be hunting? I hope you get a chance to take a bunch of pics while you are there. I know I'd like to see them.

Just to travel over there and hike around for a couple weeks would be a killer trip for me.

Best of luck!

i'll be hunting mid-asian ibex. Kyrgyzstan is known to hold some of the largest of the species. I'll be sure to get lots of pictures!!!
bryan

Top Bottom