Owens Outlook

ghrousseau

Reaction score
Has anyone hunted the owens valley for WF last year...............any suggestions.............I'd like to try some jump shooting and then I can flyfish during the day.................a kind of "blast and cast" trip.  Thanks.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
I hunt the Owens River Valley every year.  The Bishop area has been real slow the last few years. We found some good spots on and near Crawley Lake. Jump shooting is not easy from Bishop up to Upper Owens, but we jumped quite a few between Independance and Lone Pine.
Be carefull on opening day , it's very crowed and the locals have most of the Good areas staked out (They don't take kindly to skybustin low-landers).
If you are not extremely familiar with the area, you should get a guide. Sierra Drifters is a good answer. I have hunted and fished with Tom Loe, the owner and I was impressed.
The best thing about hunting the Owens River Valley is when you get skunked hunting you know the flyfishing will be excellent.
Good luck. sp

Drew10

Reaction score
Yeah me and my dad have found a few areas with ducks. In fact last Thanks Giving me and my dad floated the river and shot two honkers. Pretty sweat first we had ever got. We were looking for ducks but hey that will do.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom