Owens Valley For Doves

huntducks

Reaction score
Do to a death in the family this past week, and my wife helping her brother thru it, I have to head up to Bishop this coming week, so i'll be missing my local trip south.

I saw a few crossing 395 this AM on my way home.

Any help will be much Appreciated.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Huntducks
How did you do in the Owens? I was there this weekend also with a group from the OC chapter of QU. We hunted an alfalfa field just north of Manzanar. Two guys took limits and the rest of us from 4 to 8 birds a piece. Sunday we hunted the same area and it was completl.y the opposite.

Hronk, are you willing to share your secret spots?

huntducks

Reaction score
Karstic

Two of us got 19 birds on Sat. 16 by 10am then 3 the rest of the day.

We wasted the first 2hrs Sat. with 6 doves(in the wrong spot) then moved to where the war was going on at and shot 10 birds in 20-30min my brother-in -laws gun broke(Mossberg) and we had to drive to his house 10 miles away and by the time we got back doves had moved out, not much flying in afternoon but still scratched 3 and lost a few more.

Saw 5 NICE bull elk that afternoon in field behind us watched them feed & spar for several hours.

I have never seen so many guys walking doves in fields like I did up there, we had 5 differn't groups walk a 300 acres sage brush area in 2hrs they did not get one bird and fired maybe 5 shots at most.

If I have to hunt doves like that my dove hunting days are over.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom