Owl Date (round dial) question

Zeke

Reaction score
Is this the one that has the sleep function????

gizz

Reaction score
The owl Af(round dial) does not sleep, Neither does the owl pf(silver camera). The only difference betweent the owl af and pf is that the pf has a better range on the flash but the af still takes a very nice pic.

Zeke

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I'm making a cam for a buddy at work and he found the cam in a pawn shop for $20.00...still in package.  He bought all the parts but didnt want to tackle the wiring, so I'm getting 2 new RS sensors out of the deal. He found 3 at RS on clearance sale for $9.97 so hes giving me the other 2.

I finished the wiring tonite...now just have to do the box and he'll be set.

My next will be one with the 370....I hate waiting on film!!!!!

apittet

Reaction score
Greetings,

Not too sure about this one, but my experience with the round dial owl is that, if it does not go to sleep, it goes to "snooze". What I mean is that when the camera has been idle for a few hours, it takes a few seconds to take the shot. I assume that it needs to top up the flash capacitor. I will have more details on this after a few weeks as we plan to test systematically the time to trigger as a function of the inactivity gap for a few cameras, including the OWL.

For us it means that, if we are looking at a set-up near a feeder, I would use the OWL without refresh, but on the other hand if I am using it on a real trail I would use a refresh to be sure not to miss any animal. As it is, my recent experience with a Premier camera BF 671D, shows some animals moving already close to the edge of the frame by the time the trigger takes place. and this in spite of having a refresh pulse.

More about it later after we complete measurements.

Cheers

Andre

Top Bottom