Owl PF and AF

Reaction score
I have heard many people refer to the different types of Cannon Owl's as AF and PF.  I see that more people choose the PF than the AF, but my question is, what is the difference in these two?  Do they both have the date stamp option, and is there any difference in price?  Thanks
Junctionhunter

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi JH,
Mainly the flash.  The PF (Power Flash) has greater flash range at ~33ft.  The AF is around 20 feet.

Archilochus

arrowsmith

Reaction score
Isn't there also problems with the PF when subject is close?  I was told that PF has a tendency to wash out close pictures.  Also something about it being slightly slower to react to the sensor's signal.  I don't have experience with the two but that is what I hear a lot of.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
arrowsmith Welcome to JHP, The PF takes a few more seconds for the flash to build up after the sensor is tripped. Some here use a timer board with a refresh signal. I use the Owl af for a couple of reasons. I can buy them cheaper and they don't need a refresh.I do have one PF and it takes good pics also. So I think if you go with either one you will be happy. LOL

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 3:46 pm on July 15, 2002)

arrowsmith

Reaction score
TNDEERHUNTER,
By saying you use the Owl, do you mean the AF?  Could you tell us exactly which model you use and the approximate flash range you get?
Thanks.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
If you use a timer like Brian's or I think Joe's, they have a reftesh from the chip, and there is not the delay. Its worth it for the flash

Top Bottom