Owl PF flashing 25?

cgchris99

Reaction score
I went to get my camera today.  It's been very cold out.  My camera is flashing 25 and shows low battery.

I turned it off and back on and it did not clear.
Anyone seen this before.  I am going to put fresh batteries in it and see what happens.

Thanks

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi cg,
Just guesses.....
24 exposure roll, right?  If so, film used up and was too stiff to rewind.
Extra load trying to wind 'stuck' film coupled with low temps caused a low batt indication.
Warm the cam up and try to rewind the film with the mid-roll rewind button.
Might consider my "external battery adapter" so you can run the cam off of bigger external batts if needed.
http://www.geocities.com/archilochus57
But I think I may have mentioned that before....

Archilochus

cgchris99

Reaction score
Oh yes, I have plans to put the bigger battery in.  I just finished collecting my two cameras from the woods.

By the way, thanks much for the battery info.

I did push the rewind button after it warmed up and it did rewind.  So now the interesting part will be getting the film developed to see if there really anything on it.

Thanks

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I agree with Archy!

I'm not exactly sure what the flashing 25 means but one of mine was doing it after being out the last 3 weeks.  IT was pretty nippy around here the past week (5 to 20 degrees)

After warming up the cam and removing the batt's to "RE-Boot" the cam, it rewound and the batt indicator registered "Low Batt's"  After developing the film, I got 25 pix's and all was ok

A flashing "H" is suspose to mean a Film Loading problem (like the film got stuck in the canister after a few pix's) so maybe a flashing 25 means a "ReWind" problem

Tinhorn

Oh Yeh!  one of the pix's was of a 9 point who survived our season.....He's little but should be pretty good next season

cgchris99

Reaction score
Just thought I would let you know.  I let the camera warm up.  Pushed the rewind and got the film developed.  All is well.  Finally put my camera in an area that is at least getting some decent activity.

Now to put in Archs battery mods and order my timers.

By the way.  No bucks though, unless you count button bucks. LOL

Thanks all

Top Bottom