OWL PF LCD

gtk

Reaction score
Check my camera's yesterday, and I now have the Second OWL PF that the LCD blanked out on !  I can barely make out the numbers on the LCD, but it's not readable (you cant tell 8 from 0).  Has anyone else had this problem ?

I don't know if moisture got in the cam, or maybe the intense heat has damaged it ?  The camera has been working fine for over a year.

Thnx.

P.S:  I did replace batteries, and it didn't help.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Two in a row??!!  That is odd.  If I'm not mistaken, the LCD panels have "zebra" type flexible connectors that make contact to the PC board.  If you accidentally knocked the LCD loose or out of alignment while working on the cams, it might cause the problems you describe.  Have you done any 'special' modifications / wiring to the cams?? Odd battery types?? Anything different then 'usual'??

Archilochus

gtk

Reaction score
LOL @ Tinhorn.

Arch.  Two over a period of about 6 months.  I'm doing nothing special to these cams.  Although, I have been using Lithium batteries.  You can barely read the numbers when you take the cam out of the enclosure.  I wonder if it has anything to do w/temps (100+) and humidity....  I haven't been the best at keeping fresh deci...uh.. diciment, uh...  that drying agent you put in the cams.  Silica... hey that's the word i'm looking for...

gtk

Reaction score
Think I found out what was blanking out my LCD's on my camera... These high-dollar AA lithium batteries I have been sticking in there. I removed the lithium batteries, let it cool off for a day, and then put normal batt's in... Seems to be working now.. oh well..

Top Bottom