owl pf problems

K

KillinTime

I have prolems with my owl pf locking up .Today it was locked on picture # 13 .I couldn't get it to do anything but it did manual rewind.It will only take two or three pictures before it locks up.I have five cameras and this is the only one that has any problems. They are all on the ms20 sensor with out a timer. Thanks for a great site!!!!!

gizz

Reaction score
killintime - Welcome to the homebrew boards. Did you ever figure anything out on this problem? Maybe your solder contacts on the camera or Pir are shorting? Give us some more detail if you can.

K

KillinTime

Hello gizz. I haven't had any luck with it yet. I have tried it in some of my other pir with the same results. The camera seems to work fine when used with the shutter button. I have used another camera with this pir with no problems. C Ya

gizz

Reaction score
killintime - double check your solder work on the camera for shorts. Also make sure your batts are good in the camera (AA's). I've never had a problem like this but sounds like your cam is going to sleep. If the shutter button is held in for more than 5 minutes(I think that's the time) the camera will go to sleep. To wake it up you need to to "power off" the cam and then "power on". Try this the next time to see if this is what is happening.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Quite awhile back, seems like some guys posted they had similiar random problems with the PF using 800 speed film:  Some cams worked, some gave similiar symptons as above

Tinhorn

Data

Reaction score
One of my co-workers had two Owl PF cameras working for about 2 months.  Now when you turn the camera on it rewinds the film and will not do anything else. I checked the solders and they seem to be ok. Any suggestions on what I can check. Which pins effect the rewind of the camera. Any help would be appreciated.

On a positive notes I have some new pictures from my two DataCams on page 4 and 5.

http://personal.msy.bellsouth.net/msy/r/_/...taCam_Main.html

Thanks for any help.
Data

(Edited by Data at 8:40 am on Oct. 18, 2001)

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
i built my first camera a month ago and it worked so good i bought two more owl pfs. i had to go out of country for two weeks but as soon as i got back i wired one up. when i put the batteries in the motor ran and ran but then did nothing. when i loaded a roll of film ... nothing. i undid the wiring redid em nothing. i finally gave up and tried wiring the second. exact same thing. but i was wiring the bridge 5-6 and then tracing 4 down to the + round dot at bottom right to wire 4 and to the place shown in the instructions for the common.

i redid the wiring on the second to connect 4 at the 4 terminal right next to the 5-6 bridge (i hope all this makes sense). the camera seemed to work fine but .....its iffy... it did ok but then quit i opened it up. pressed the shutting button manually and it flased and shot. wiggled the wire messed with it a litte and then it started working again. but then it quit then it started again.... i don't know exactly what to try.

i tried re-doing number one camera the same way but it never did work... still motor running for a long time when batteres installed then nada. i noticed some on the littel + s looked like they were coming up??? when i desoldered.

any ideas on either problem would be greatly appreciated .. it hate to loose two cameras because of my lack of electircal knowhow.....
thanks
gary

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I think If I was you I'd run down to the nearest TV repair shop and see if they'll redo them for you.  Sounds to me like your soldering is the problem and you're close to losing the cam's......  Ouch!

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom