Owl PF takes Excellent Pix

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Not very often but from time to time my Movement Cam takes an excellent photo.

Look how nice this pix is, this photo needs no touchup or cropping.  It looks almost 3D and like an Artist painted it.....

Tinhorn

Stever

Reaction score
Very Nice, yes I agree about the owl.
I still have a problem of the white out area in the top left corner. I am trying a differant foam to combat the bleed through but I am not sure exactly where it is coming from.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Steve

I seal around the camera LENS itself and not the Flash Hole (becarefull saying that too fast)

Wal-Mart (and hardware store) sells a roll of Foam Tape for weather seal around windows.  It's about 2" wide and 1/8" thick.

I use this stuff to keep out the flash.  

Cut off a piece about 2" long and cut a half circle out of it.  The size of this half circle should match the Lens hole in the enclosure.  Expose the glue surface and stick this piece down, inside the enclosure, on the glass you installed over the Lens Hole.  Cut another 2" piece of foam and do it again......

The camera should press up-against this foam and create a flash proof seal....

Tinhorn

gizz

Reaction score
Typical Tinhorn! Holding Back Again.
Get those pics out and get them posted.

That is a very NEAT lookin pic. I agree with the 3D look and feel. Almost looks like a scene out of a 3D computer game or something. BTW, is that an Owl PF with the Refresh Pulse for the flash? That looks like a "large" flash.

Very Nice!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
When I scan the pics they lose a little something.

Whenever I show my friends the real pics they are usually very impressed with them. And usually end up saying either, "How much did it cost $400" or "You made that thing"...

It ios a great little camera.

gizz

Reaction score
I agree with you arrowhead on the quality of scans.
My scanner scans real nice but I had to click something in my photopoint account to NOT resize my pics on upload. This allowed for better quality from photopoint stored pics. Are you using photopoint? or is the problem with your scans?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Gizz,

This is the only cam I have that does <NOT> have the refresh pulse installed.  I don't think those with the refresh pulse have a flash any brighter than the one that does not but not sure, every time I look at it to see, it blinds me   :)

(I used Photo Point to display the pix BTW)

Tinhorn

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I think it's me and my scanner. Probably just me. It's a HP Scant Jet 4C. I am using the HP software that came with it.

I think maybe I need to play around with it and try some differant options.

Possum

Reaction score
Nice, clear, and to the point.  Great pic.  What color of frame will you use?
:smiley-thumbs-up:

BUCKRIDER

Reaction score
Yes Tinhorn, that is a very good pic compared to most I have seen by mine and some others! Every once in a while I will get a really good pic but the rest are still good nuff!

Top Bottom