OWl pf?

wapiti

Reaction score
I just checked my other cam with the owl pf model.  It had 22 exposures so I tried to rewind without taking the last two.  I used a small metal peg to touch the contact where the rewind button was, didn't work.  I then disconnected the camera and shorted the wires to fire the camera.  This is the 1st roll of film with this cam so I wanted to be sure everything was aligned right etc.

After setting the unit back up I walked by to be sure it worked correctly.  ( I have an led but it seems more sensitive than the camera for some reason) well the camera clicked and the flash lit up but it didn't fire until I quit moving.  Did I mess something up by trying to rewind early...maybe stress a solder connection?  It seems like the PF focuses before flashing therefore causing a delay in triggering.

Thanks for everyones help.  This is an awesome site and a lot of fun.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
wapiti - The Owl PF is one or two seconds slower than the PIR, also the flash needs time to re-charge.  Everything sounds normal.

deerslayer

Reaction score
Do you have pins 6 and 5 shorted all of the time?  Are you saying the flash lights up then flashes when you stop moving?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Like Mr. Webb mentioned, there is a 1-1/2 sec delay before the PF cam fires but sounds like you may have a bad solder joint at pins 5 and 6 like DeerSlayer suggests.

With no Cam mods, a half press will turn on the flash like a light (not flash) for Red Eye Reduction.  Pressing the button the rest of the way will fire the cam.  Shorting Pins 5 & 6 defeats the half press, which leads me to believe the solder joint is flaky....

Tinhorn

wapiti

Reaction score
I went back and figured it out.  Where I had attempted to rewind the film before it was fininshed, the rewind symbol was displayed, now when the camera is triggered the flash would blink and then the camera would fire.  I used a metal peg to touch that contact again, getting rid of that symbol and everything works fine.

How do you get the film to rewind midroll if needed?

Billy in VA

Reaction score
It sounds like you pressed the self timer instead of the rewind button. The symbol is a circle with a line coming out of it is the symbol for the self timer. Look to see if this is the little button  you touched. The rewind is the smallest of them all.  

I did the same ting with my first roll when I did not put on my glasses. Billy

wapiti

Reaction score
You're right Billy, it was the self timer.  

Top Bottom