Owl Problems

gtk

Reaction score
Anyone having any problems with the owls ?  I have 3 owl PF's that have been working since early summer.  Here in the last few weeks I have had one Owl-PF's Led to blank out on me, and another's Flash has gone completely out.  

I have a couple of Owl's to use for parts (because of some bad soldering jobs) so I can replace the LED w/no problem.

I wonder if I can replace the flash capacitor using the parts camera ?  

Has anyone else had there owl-pf's go bad on them after they have been in service several months ?  

I am not knocking the owl-pf's.  I just purchased another last week I found on sale.  I have two of the older owl-af7's that still work fine.  They have been in service for over a year !

Thnxs.

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
I've got one PF that died on me. The shutter still works but it wont flash, just shows an 'H'. I've pulled the batterys and let it sit forever but I still get the same thing.
Most of the cams I build I use the older round dial version, never had a problem.

jayber

Reaction score
Just had a PF hooked up, testing (w/o film), and after it fired a couple of times the battery indicator on the camera went from full to low/dead.......with new batteries.  Not sure yet whether it's just the LED or something wrong with the camera.  Triple checked the solder connections and they all were ok.

Top Bottom