OziExplorer

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
Anyone using OziExplorer here? I have had quite a bit of success with it. Have mapped my entire hunting club property including roads and foodplots and downloaded this to my GPS. I also can note the location of my trailcam and even embed pictures from the cameras at ceretain spots on the map.

joatmon

Reaction score
Hi GH,
  What is OzieExplorer? How is it used?
Thanks,
Bob

bowhunter1

Reaction score
I visited the site . perhaps you can address the following questions.
1. it seems the their may be a problem with downloading way points from garmin gps. what is your experience???
2. have you tried their 3d trial software. Does it show contour intervals?? are the maps current in terms of current  forest areas as opposed to clearcuts?? what is the source date of their information??
3. I would like more practical information you have experienced downloading and uploading to and from your gps.
thank you  I appreciate the sharing of information

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
bowhunter,

I use a lowrance and have no problems with any of the functionality.

I have no experience with the 3D version

I use it to manage all of my tracks, waypoints, and actually used it to draw the roads and foodplots on the topo map for my hunting club.

http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/rdu/p/t/...ing%20Lease.pdf

I track every rub, scrape, etc. usign the software.

Hope this helps.

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
I went to the OziExplorer site and I would like to know if you just download the demo version (shareware) and then pay to have it registered?

The site does not mention how much it costs to register.  Can you tell us?

I'm new to all this GPS stuff so I'm kinda lost right now with all the maping software.

Thanks,

(Edited by Bald Eagle at 1:37 am on Mar. 3, 2002)

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom