P-dogs

headshot223

Reaction score
I just got back from Montana, and had the time of my live. Shot P-dogs 2 days and rockchuck almost all week long. It was the must fun I have ever had.

We werent trying to getting them at a 1000 yards or anything but we did try some insane shots. I was shooting about 650 yards and only missing by a few inches. My Brother was trying to get them at almost 900 yards but with no luck. He did get a few at 500 yards though with our 223.

I did what I wanted to do though, I shot one with my .308 at 250 yards or so right in the head..........only took 31 shots to get him.

My shoulder was a little black and blue but it was WORTH it. I took 130 rounds with me and used them all for my 308.

If you havent had the chance to do this type of "hunting" I would say make a point of it it is worth the time.

Headshot223

bowhunter1

Reaction score
hay headshot223,

Sounds like you had a great time. Care to share info on what county you went to in Montana?? I have plans for a late August P-dog hunt combined with a early bow antelope hunt in Eastern Montana. Hopefully the fire situation will be contained. Was the wind a problem?? Did you hunt on private land??? Any helpful suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Bowhunter1

headshot223

Reaction score
Yes bowhunter1 we hunted on Private land all off 7000 acers. The Dog Town we were on was almost 1/2 mile wide by 2 miles long.

We were out side of LewisTown Montana about half way through the state.

My advise is to take a rilfe that doesnt have much kick or something that is easy to handle and AMMO take lots of it. LOTs and LOTs.

Wind wasnt that bad but the sun is what got to us. So take some shade of some sort.

As for Antelope cant help much on that but going down road 200 we saw lots about 300 head.

One more thing if your planning on shootin p-dogs at a long ways get a good scope and have a spotter with a spotting scope that would have helped us alot but what are you going to do now about it.

Headshot223

Top Bottom