p32 bad news

9toes

Reaction score
I went to check my cam today and the bad news was one of my p32's in a 309 box got wet from a storm last night and would not power up. This cam has been in some pretty heavy rain before without any leaks. Don't know yet why it started leaking. I did come home and open the camera, after messing with it and not really knowing what i was looking for i put it back together. It did power up then but had an error code on it. I put it down and took batteries out and left it open to maybe dry more, and hope it will go back to working. Anyone else ever have this happen, and the cam go back to working after drying out? A friend of mine dropped a cell phone in a hole of water and it dried and was ok. Good news is i got several pictures of these bucks before it drowned!

Attachments

chardy

Reaction score
9toes,
Let it dry out before you turn it on to much. Something could short out and cause more problems. Try to get some circuit board / electrical cleaner (spray). (not car electric cleaner, might have to go to a computer store / CompUSA)This will help remove water and clean camera so it will not rust parts.

Good luck on repair...

D Letho

Reaction score
That does stink but , they are two good looking bucks you have there .

Good luck . I left one of our radios outside one time . Yup rained something hard . Thing didnt work for 2 weeks then all of a sudden I tried it and is fine to this day .

Good luck .

Don

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Take batteries out and open case also, let it dry for a couple of days. I dropped a cell phone in the water one time
but caught it about a foot below the water line
and turned it off, when I got home took battery out and let it dry for 2 days and worked great.

MIB

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
9 toes

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, But I think it will be ok.. Doint power it Give it several days to dry out.

If your running your A/C in the house stick the camera in the return of the furnace. your AC system is a big Dehumidifier and removes alot of moisture. It will dry it out and the fan air sweeping across it will help as well.

another thing is place it in a container with descicent to pull the moisture from it.

Or just give it several days withthe camera split open in halves to dry out with good ole air drying

Let us Know if it can be salvaged. I have a spare P 32 I can send you for parts if need be... let me know. It works fine other than the LCD.

Dan

9toes

Reaction score
Thanks Dan, i did check it this morning and it will power up fine now but has a error. It says memory stick error. I'm going to let it dry a few more days. I will let you know results.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
We used to dive in some of the popular swimming and boating holes around here and recover camcorders, cellpoines, radios etc. Just open it up and let the sun/air dry it out. The problem may be you turned it on with water in it. Any time you get electronics wet DON'T turn them on until you let them dry for several days. Water creates a short that can ruin circuits. Good luck and cross your fingers.

9toes

Reaction score
It's working again!!!!!
The door was bowed at the top and not sealing good. The cam has been out in direct sun, maybe had something to do with it. I'll put it in a new case.

Outhouse

Reaction score
OBH,
If you want to sell the P32 with the bad LCD(assuming everything else works) let me know.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom