p41 blurry pics

lugnut

Reaction score
i've checked all the settings. i get blurry pics in program mode with infinity set. i get clear pics in program mode with multi set but i get 3 sec. reaction times. it also works in auto mode and still get 3 second reaction times.

anyone know why this might be?

lugnut

Reaction score
here's a pic i just took. this is with all the recommended settings

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
well, I won't proclaim to be a homebrew connoisseur, but looking at your exif data, it looks like your focal length is too short. (5mm)
How to fix that, I'm not sure.

Attachments

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
oh nevermind.. focal length is not related to focus distance.

dtrushto

Reaction score
I was getting blurry pics for a couple of days and upon observing the camera, I noticed I had accidentally switched from the regular portrait setting to the close portrait setting (objects at 18 inches or closer). This was giving me the problem......I think you confirmed that this wasn't the case though in your first post. Just FYI with what I deal with....hope you sove it soon...Oh yeah, are you in an auto mode or are you in a scenery mode. You might want to check this.

lugnut

Reaction score
i tried all of the different modes; here's what i came up with.

when in auto i get good pics.
when in program and select multi or center focus i get good pics
when in program with infinity and any of the other selectable distances i get blurry pics.

i tried swaping the scenery selections but they had no effect.

this is where i stand as of now.

antlrcolectr

Reaction score
Can you set the shutter speed faster like at least 1/60 or 1/100. I was always taught anything under 1/60 would be blurry if no tripod was used or a brace of some sort.
I'm no guru but since absolutely nothing is in focus, it could also be the lens, or the setting.
AC

lugnut

Reaction score
i've had enough of this camera. it's kicking my butt. i tore it apart again today and the battery doors spring fell out. i think i'll wait for my board to get here and just see what kind of time i get with it in auto. if it's not something i can use then i will sell it.

Top Bottom