Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

Willy4003

Reaction score

Activity got slow for a bit on this drumming log and here's why, one of the neighbors numerous cats. Normally they don't go this far because they get killed by Fox, Fisher and Coyotes.

Chenango Dave

Reaction score
That is kick azz Willy.. I like how you got the animation deal goin on. Pretty slick.. I wish my stealth cam took that clear a pic, I'd have some good ones too..

abwtfanatic

Reaction score
You're really setting the bar high on grouse pics. It will be challenging for me to do as good, but I'm gonna try!

Willy4003

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (abwtfanatic @ Apr 20 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You're really setting the bar high on grouse pics. It will be challenging for me to do as good, but I'm gonna try![/b]
Can't wait to see them Abw!

Jari

Reaction score
Sweet pics.... That same old Red Phase as before eh? You using an S600?
How the hell do you guys find drumming logs? I hear 'em drumming alot but have never seen the actual spot,and never knew they used the same spot always.

Willy4003

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jari @ Apr 20 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sweet pics.... That same old Red Phase as before eh? You using an S600?
How the hell do you guys find drumming logs? I hear 'em drumming alot but have never seen the actual spot,and never knew they used the same spot always.[/b]
2 different brown(red) phases on 2 different drumming logs about 1/2 mile apart.

I listen for a drummer, walk quietly towards it taking about 7 or 8 steps while drumming. Usually takes about 30 min. to 1 hr to track down. If you don't see him flush off of the log, when you get close, begin scanning the ground slowly for a large deadfall. They're usually worn down in the section they drum on year after year and there is a ton of crap on and around it.

Here's a picture of one I found last year.

dgl1948

Reaction score
They are always a lot closer than they sound so do not let that fool you.

Advertisement

Top Bottom