"Packaged" sensor?

Volhunter

Reaction score
I went to a hunting expo in Memphis a couple of weeks ago. There was a booth selling trail cameras. The camara (I think it was a Vivitar?) was in a Pelican 1150 case, and the sensor was in a nifty case with the switches for on/off, time delay, etc. mounted in a prepackaged unit which was attached to the inside of the lid. I asked the guy if they built the sensors or what and he told me they bought them already assembled, switches and all from a company in Alabama. The name of the company was something "outdoors" or "adventure"....I think. Has any body seen or heard of them before. If you could buy the sensor unit like he said, it would just be a matter of connecting it to the camara and you'd be done! Has anybody else seen this? Sorry, but I can't remember the brandname of the trail camara.

gizz

Reaction score
Too bad you can't remember the name of the company or Vivitar camera. I would be interesting to compare what they're doing to what we've been doing. Not copy of course, just compare.

Matt in MO

Reaction score
maybe its the same outfit that's in the Bass Pro or Cabela catalog that is using the 1150. don't have a catalog with me now....

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
The Highlander Photoscout is mfg. in Huntsville Al. Could this have been the the name of the game cam. Wish you could remember as I live in Alabama.

Coal30

Reaction score
its the highlander Cameras That use the Pelican 1150 Case just thought id let you know

Volhunter

Reaction score
Yep! I believe it was the Highlander. I sure would love to get my hands on those sensors already made up! Keep your ears open and maybe we can find out where they come from.  

Top Bottom