Panamint valley

smokin54

Reaction score
Anybody know much about this valley ? I was out riding around in this valley and came up on a coyote ,He stood there for 15-20 seconds looking at me like he had never seen a pickup before and then trotted off like I was no threat or meal . I also spotted a wild burro in the hills. There has been mining through out the hills there and there is a large active gold mine . I saw mine claim posts listing the land as BLM but I dont know the boundries . This shows some possibilities but I would bet extrememly hot in the summer!!!

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
i know some of that area was closed to vehicles a couple years ago and is only suppsed to be accessed my horse or foot. BUT if that is open agian i'd sure like to take a trip up there!! i'll ask around.

cc

huntducks

Reaction score
Yea it was famous back in the late 60's and 70's it's where Charlie Manson hung out.

It use to be a great 4x4 area back then before 4x4 were popular, Panamint Cyn was a remote 20+ mile strech that took 2-3 days to work up, I had a 68 Bronco with a winch then and what a blast it was to off road hardly ever saw anyone else, and was glad I never came across old Charlie & his family out there.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Huntducks

I've seen some pictures of guys winching themselves up the dry falls in Panamint Canyon. Those guys are nuckin futs!

Top Bottom