Panaramic mode pic from Olympus 2100 UZ

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Sorry about the scrolling but it's a panaramic pic. Here's a pic from Fire Point lookout on the north rim of the Grand Canyon in Arizona using Panaramic mode in my Olympus 2100 UZ digital camera. To take panaramic pics, you set the menu to "Panaramic", and then you see a bracket on the far left and far right. Exposure, f-stop and all settings are locked once you take the first pic.

When you snap the first pic, you then overlap what is in the far right bracket with the new view and snap the second pic. You can take as many pics as you want, even 360 degrees. Once I get home I then download the pics and they are marked as "Panaramic" in the Olympus CamMedia software. You then select "Auto" or "Manual" stitching to stitch the pic together and VIOLA! I use auto and it's a snap.

This panaramic pic is 3 pics of 500 k size stitched together and then I downsized them to load fast. The pic is about 76k final size but the sharpness did suffer a bit when I crunched the size down. You can also stitch pics together with software programs like Adobe Photoshop, it just takes a little longer.

gizz

Reaction score
Cool!
Sounds like that Olympus camera is fun to use.

Top Bottom