Pattern Software

mkacala697

Reaction score
CAbelas sells a program like this for 14.99. includes pre loaded moon phases, lets you log sightings, temp, wind, barometer, etc.

found on page 374 of the 2001 fall master catalog.
Called Hunters Log

Possum

Reaction score
I started keeping a little calendar book in my truck last year.  Each time I go hunting I record the deer seen, where they were, what they were doing, stand location, wind direction, sunrise-sunset, weather, and any other thing I think would be pertinent.  Even how the deer were called up (rattling-grunt-decoys,etc.). Then a periodic times I have an excel sheet I enter the raw data on and calculate the results for the specific time period I am hunting during the year.  I have detailed records for the past two years, but the deer harvest records date back to 1981.  I am fortunate to have hunted the same land all of my life.  I can chart the months and often down to the days I will be successful on certain stands.  It's amazing how patterns are developed year after year.  Only major structure change will influence these patterns (timber cut, development of land, etc).  Even then, with a calculated guess you can pattern the deer for a specific habitat change.

Jaggermax,  I am interested in your LED and board that collects the data at the time of the event.  Do you have it posted somewhere and are you interested in sharing it?

(Edited by Possum at 12:16 am on Aug. 26, 2001)

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Possum, I actually just started to redesign the board to fix some of the problems I had with my first design.  I had some issues with the clock chip battery backup that needed addressing as well as other smaller problems.  The new board will support the Mainstay sensor since that is the only one I am real familiar with.  However, I am sure most of the other sensors can be used. Also, only cameras which do not require a refresh pulse can be used.  I will post the schematic of my new board design on my website later this week to let yall see how it works. Any input from you guys would be great.  

Also, I dont mind supplying some of you guys with boards at cost if you will test them out for me and let me know how they work.  The boards will probably be about $40-50 bucks programmed (believe me, this is what it costs for me to make them).  All you will have to supply is the LCD display ( i can give you the supplier), battery pack, PIR sensor, Camera, etc.    I can even supply just the programmed controller chip and schematics for you guys that know how to etch your own circuit boards.  I may try to eventually sell some cams using this controller board here in South Mississippi next year if they work good.  I just want to make sure they work first.  

I should have new boards by October.  I told Spectr that I would have one ready by then for a prize on the cam contest. However, they can only be used with cameras that don't need a refresh pulse.  Right now, I am trying to fix some of the smaller problems with the boards to make them work better.  I am making the user interface easier to navigate, switching to lower power CMOS chips to help with battery life, adding a relay to control the camera instead of the transistor that I am currently using, removing the battery moniter circuit to lower the cost (I really dont think it's needed since the batteries are lasting so long).  If any of you guys are interested in this let me know.  Like I said, I will post all info I currently have on the board on my website later this week.  

P.S.  I have posted the schematic for the new board design at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~claydubois/_wsn/page4.html

(Edited by Jaggermax at 5:53 pm on Aug. 26, 2001)

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Jaggermax,
What kind of microprocessor are using?  I thought about trying to use a basic stamp or PIC to do something similar, but haven't gotten started yet.
Hamiltoe

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm using the Atmel AVR AT90S8515.  I has 32 I/O which allows all kind of things to be connected to it.  I tried programming it with assembler language initially, but got frustrated with it.  I bought a great BASIC compiler call BASCOM-AVR.  They also have an 8051 BASCOM compiler.  You can probably do the same thing with the BASIC stamp, but you may run our of code space since it only holds 256 or 2K bytes of memory depending on the version.  The AVR has 8K and I am close to using it all!  I know a PIC will work, but they cost a little more.  

Top Bottom