Patternmaster Choke Tube Question??????????

E A Hunt

Reaction score
I just got mine for my Barbie gun (Benelli nove).

I went out to pattern it and here's what I saw.

At 40 yards I shot a 28x40 inch sheet of paper. There was a hole the size of a silver dollar (looked like a slug hit it ) in the center of the pattern with about half the pellets scattered around the main hole.

I did this three times with the same results. This was with steel 2s.I
I put the BBs in and the same thing. A hole that would drop a Elk with a scattering of holes through-out the sheet.
Kinda scary. Guess it would be cool to shoot at those  high flyin snows at the refuge and hit them with that slug of BBs.

But this is not what i expected from this tube.

Any experence with Patternmaster tube's ???

songdog

Reaction score
Wow, you could win a lot of turley shoots with that setup :wink-yellow:

I have the same choke tube for my SBE.  To be honest, I haven't shot it yet but I'll take it out in the next few days and see if I can reproduce it on this end.  What brand/model of ammo were you shooting?

E A Hunt

Reaction score
It would be off with his head if i hit a turkey at 35 yards with it.

I'm shootin Dionse 2s and BBs. I did put a load of Feds 2s in and it did the same thing.

Shoot yours and let me know.

Fubar

Reaction score
Thats the best turkey pattern I ever heard of. Save it for turkey shoots and win some prizes. I dont know what you will do for a waterfowl gun though.         Fubar

jerry d

Reaction score
I've always been under the impression that an 80% pattern scattered evenly within a 30 in. circle at 40 yds. was "good".

I'm told a Patternmaster should increase that to 85 - 90%.

For sure if you hit a duck straight on at 40yds. you won't need to pick what's left. You'll probably knock all the feathers out. :smile-yellow:

(Edited by jerry d at 2:14 am on Sep. 26, 2001)

JimBob

Reaction score
With something like that it would be technically possible to put 4 pellets into a goose at 90 yards.

Top Bottom