PC Boards

kmitch

Reaction score
How's everyone making their PC boards? I make a small outboard PC board for the MS20 that has the simple timer, the optocouplers and a walk test circuit . I have been using the toner transfer system from Tekniks, Press-n-Peel Blue. So far I get a good transfer about 50% of the time and it seems to take a lot of time. Is there a better way? Years ago I used a photo negative and exposed a photosensitive resist coated board. I make a few boards at a time.

Keith

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
It depends what you want to spend.  I started out using the same technique you are using but got fed up with all the hasle of buying the boards and etchant, buy those expensive tranfer papers, ruining my clothes and then having to drill the boards (damn, I sound like in infomercial).  I figured out what my cost and time was to do one board and then found out I could get someone else to make them for less than what I had in them.  

I found http://www.expresspcb.com and downloaded their free design software.  They have a special of three 2.5 x 3.8" boards for $60.  I designed my PIR circuit so that I could get four small boards on each of their boards.  So I wound up getting 12 boards for $60.  Thats only $5 bucks a board.  Pretty cheap and their quality is great.  You also get the boards in about 5 days from when you download your files.  Check it out.  P.S. if you really want to crunch down the size of your board, go with surface mount parts.  A little harder to solder but worth it if you have a very small board.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom