Pelican 1120 and camera mounting?

cgchris99

Reaction score
I have looked at the pics on the site of the complete camera units.  I recieved two pelican 1120 cases.

Now can I mount the camera a RS49-425 board in the pelican so the door opens left to right.

Most I have seen either open up or down.  But not left to right.  Is there a problem getting the camera mounted this way?

Thanks for any advice

Stickbow

Reaction score
You can fit the PIR board on the lid w/o a problem, but if you're using an Owl PF date camera....it's about a 1/4-1/2" too long to go in the 1120 box so the unit is vertical.

I was hoping to do the same, but after setting mine up horizontally, actually liked having the lid drop down so to provide a shelf-like area when changing film and such.

I went to the 1150 boxes for my last 2 cams however, to be able to mount them verticaly (narrower profile on tree) but more for to have that "little" extra room to manuever my clumsy fingers around in when assembling the camera!

I did see a pic of one using the 1120 vertically however,
w/ a different Owl "non-date" (BF?) camera- on the Trailcams Pics page. Good luck........either way works fine.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hello,

With the 1120, and the owl pf, you definately must mount the camera so that the door is swinging up or down.  I mounted mine so that the door swings down,and everything I need is right in front of me. The 1120 is a hair to small for the owl pf. I am not going to change a thing to my next cam. The 1120 is so small to start with, it doesn't stick out all that much when on a tree.  Hope this helps, good luck.

JoeD

Reaction score
Hi, with the 1120 box and any of the canon cameras, BF or PF, you can mount them vertically.  I have made 5 cameras using both types.  Check Jesse's web page for cameras, mine is on page 5.  Remove the string then cut the string holder flush with the camera, use sand paper or a file to smooth it out.  Then sand lightly both sides of the box and the camera will have a nice tight fit.  You will not need anything else to hold the camera up.  I mount all the electronics, sensor, timer, switches etc.  inside a rubbermaid container.  And mount this to the front door of the box with silicone.  Makes it look more professional and is water tight.  Good luck. JoeD  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom