Pelican 1120 case

Basscat

Reaction score
I built my first cam with a 1120 case. I liked it and think it would be hard to beat for the price. I have saw pictures where others have used this case and it seems like the cam is mounted sideways in the case, with the sensor below it. Well i used a owl pf date and it would not fit like this. It was darn close but just too tight.  Am I getting the right size case (1120) or  has anyone actually put an owl pf in a 1120 case longways.

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
I TAKE MY DREMEL AND SAND THE LITTLE STRAP HOLDER FLAT ON THE SIDE. ONLY TAKES A MINUTE AND IT FITS NICE AND TIGHT LIKE I LIKE IT.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Basscat,
I've been using the 1120 case for my last couple of cams.  In order for the owl PF camera to fit, you have to grind about 1/8" off of the sides.  I use a dremel tool.  Be carefull not to take too much off, if you do it right, you can get it to fit just right and you won't need a shelf to hold up the camera.

davered1

Reaction score
I was going to try one but they want 40$ Can($27 US) for one here

OUCH!!

How much you guys paying for them?

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
I mount my cams in the pelican 1120 horizontally,(the same way the lid opens up. When my camera's are mounted on the tree, I open up the lid(down) and I have a little "tray" to lay film, batts, etc. I might try the sanding method for my next one, the box is so small and compact, it doesn't look, or function bad no matter how you mount it. P.S.- I get mine from cases4less, without foam, for like...15.00 + shipping, but at our local kayak shop, those same cases are 32.00 in bright yellow! Take it easy.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Basscat, I used the 1120 once.  The cases are very nice and sturdy.  I used a Samsung Maxima 33S which fits inside it perfectly.  However, one thing to watch out for was that the case I got had a lid that was slightly warped and would not seal well around the top on the hinge side.  I don't know if this is common or not, but just be on the lookout just in case.  

Top Bottom