Pelican 1120's

bat

Reaction score
I found this search the other day, don't remember the link but I saved the number....
1-800-882-4730  Pelican 1120's WITH SOLID FOAM, Black, Grey and two other colors @ $14.68 plus shipping.  I ordered 3 and the shipping was around $10 for the three.  Anybody got a lower price?  I'm editing this to put the web site in:  www.casesbypelican.com

(Edited by bat at 8:26 pm on April 22, 2002)

(Edited by bat at 10:05 pm on April 23, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
Bat,

Cheapest I have found here in CANADA  is $27.50 (canadian $) per 1120. sounds a little rich but they have FREE shipping ANYWHERE IN CANADA, Which brings total to $17US per pelican Delivered.

Rooter

Reaction score
I got 4 at $13 per which included shipping and foam.  They have no more.  :(

Pgumby68

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys where are you finding them so cheap? If Highlander is cutting us off, I need a new source.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
At cases4Less they are around $14.95 without the foam, plus shipping.

SmoothBore

Reaction score
Hi Davered1!

Good to hear there is a source in Canada,  By the way what is it?  I've been looking around and can't do anybetter than case4less in the US.

bat

Reaction score
hmmmm I see nobody but Rooter (and he said he couldn't get any more) beat my $14.68 + shipping of $3.33 with foam, total $18.01.  Must be the best place, thanks guys.  That's excluding dave up in Canada, shipping might be a little high to ship to from there!

ghoot

Reaction score
Bat,
I noticed that you said with solid foam.  Are you cutting the foam yourself?  Have you found a good way to do it and it stlill look good?  That's a great price and if there's and easy way to cut it and it still look good, I'll be calling them for the next batch.
Thanks

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Ghoot,  (is that like Big GaHoot !)

The forum counts about like me,  you posted twice in here and it says total posts 2 on both of them.....Hmmm    2 + 2 = 4 so it should have said 4 or is it 3, well now I'm confused    he he

BTW,  you can cut Foam Rubber real easy with an electric knife (or even fillet knife)

Tinhorn

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Bat, the site I gave went with the number you gave. The box you quoted was empty, the one I quoted was the one with foam.

Butch

bat

Reaction score
ghoot, Tinhorn hit it right on the nail head.(as usual hehe), thanks Tinhorn.  

hmmmmm ****** let me check on that.  I got mine in today and they have foam in them.  I found the site that I went to, it is http://www.casesbypelican.com my bill was for $44.04 for the three 1120's and $10 shipping....total $54.04.  I'm going now to recheck the site price.  Don't want to steer anybody wrong!  Will correct if it is in error.  Thanks!

Nope got it right, it list the APP-1120SF at $14.68.  Try it again using the link in this post!  :batwings:

Ok ****** I went to both sites and I see where you are getting the other price.  Both site have the same phone number....they must have put two sites on the internet, if you click on the Pelican box picture and look at the different ones in there it will list both yours(which is pick and pluck foam) and the one I got(solid foam).  That's where the difference is between the two prices.  Yours (APP-1120F) Mine (APP-1120SF) Hope that clears that up.  bat

(Edited by bat at 9:48 pm on April 23, 2002)

(Edited by bat at 9:58 pm on April 23, 2002)

(Edited by bat at 10:02 pm on April 23, 2002)

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Bat, I called the number you posted, and they gave me the URL I posted. Damn, talk about double standards!

Butch

INshedpicker

Reaction score
CasesNOW has the 1120 w/pick&pluck foam for $16.50, but only $1.90 for shipping ($2.15 to Canada)
= $18.40 shipped

I have not ordered from them, however.

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Call Ken Watts at 1-800-835-7233. I bought three 1120s from him a year ago. Prices were confirmed again this March.  1120 with pick-n-pluck foam is $17.31   1150 is $21.36  Price INCLUDES shipping.

I cut the foam with a razor sharp filet knife, with a slight sawing action. To cut a pocket for the camera, first lay the camera on top the foam and outline it with a paint pencil. Then cut with the knife ALL THE WAY through the foam. Take that peice out, and cut it to the thickness of the camera, and return the peice to the hole you initially cut. Hard to explain, the Pelican instructions may do a better job.

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Hey, Matt, I had Ken email me his price list a while back because I found an earlier post you made with this info.  The quote I got for an 1120 with shipping was $25 +.  Not sure what the difference was...buyer beware

ghoot

Reaction score
Tinhorn,
Thanks for the welcome.  Actually it's more like big GaLoot!:smile-big-blue:
No, really my name is Gary Kohout (kuhoot).  Some people call me Hoot or Hooter, but, those names are always used up so, I use ghoot.
I'll have to try the electric knife, sounds like a good idea.

deerstalker

Reaction score
Bat,  
Checked out the site you posted about for the 1120SF and noticed they let you specify the thickness of the foam layers. I've just started working on getting everything together to build my first camera and was wondering what was the best way to go. One solid piece or maybe divide it up? Would appreciate some advice.

bat

Reaction score
deerstalker....I think I remember (not sure) that they will do custom foam if you send them your specs., like I say can't remember for sure I looked at so many links.  It basically a personal thing about foam.  I like either the solid-which is two piece, the regular wavey type on the door and a block in the bottom or the three piece which has about 1/2'' third piece on the bottom.  I prefer to do it like MATT IN MO does.
****** just tell them you want the $14.68 solid foam price, that what I did.  I also told them why I called instead of ordering online.  Their link showed 4 different items but when you try to order you only get two prices...one for the empty case and the other for the pick and puck stuff which I personally do not like to use.  Thanks!  P.S. I started this posting just to get as low a price for everyone as we can, a lot of times we spend money when we could be getting a product cheaper.  If I stepped on anyones toes doing this (Sorry didn't mean to)  bat

Top Bottom