Pelican boxes, Otter boxes, ammo boxes???

therev

Reaction score
1.  Having just recently joined this board, you quickly learn that people have really pushed the technology.  I just finished my first  standard canon PF and want to build another.  Is there any consensus on what makes a nice water tight housing

2.  If you mount the fresnal lens in flat  how big of a hole do you need to cut for the RS425 sensor,  and how far away from the fresnal lens should it be mounted. ie does the fresnal lens focus the pir Radiation to a certain point.  Thanks for the help

bat

Reaction score
Hey therev, nice to have you in the forum.  The enclosure is really a personal choice.  I like the Pelican 1120 myself as it make a nice small unit if you are using the Canon Owl PF and the RS pir.  It has enought room for a timer, battery compartment if you need to add those.  I just use the simple unit as of right now.   http://www.casesbypelican.com  has about the lowest price I think.  It is watertight, purge valve and built good.  I cut a 1" hole but you can get by with 3/4", that's what I will use in the future.  The fresnal lens mounted flat needs to be 5/8" away from the sensor unit....I fix mine so they can be adjusted if needed to fine tune them for distance. (in or out)  Yes the fresnal lens focus the detection to the small IR unit.  I usually tape mine in place for testing and move it up, down or sideways until I get it to pick up dead center in front of the cam, then I glue it in place.  Hope this helps you and have a great day!  bat

(Edited by bat at 9:25 pm on Aug. 19, 2002)

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
OH NO!!!!!.... YA HAVE TO GO BEFORE THE BOARD WITH A AVITAR LIKE THAT.........

MUST USE A WATERPROOF BOX! THATS ALL YA NEED TO KNOW. ALL THE BOXES YA FIND ARE EITHER TIGHT AS HECK OR WIDE AS AUNT MAYS BACK SIDE. THE CAMERA (OWL PF) IS EXACTLLY 4 7/8 INCHES WIDE...EVERY BOX YOU WILL FIND THAT YOU LIKE WILL BE 4 3/4 INCHES WIDE..I PROMISE. SO THIS IS A HOMEBREW..."MODIFY IT" YOU WILL LEARN TO LIKE THAT SAY'N. WELL THATS ABOUT IT I SUPPOSE........OOPS ALMOST FORGOT...

<font size="6">WAREAGLE</font>           STEVE

shufigo

Reaction score
threv - dealer's choice on the foam. I like it 'cause I can cut cutouts for the back of the board, the switches, battery and then add another hole for a spare 9V (I always leave my spare back in the truck -- the one in the box bails me out).

quackmaster

Reaction score
PELEICAN with foam, 5/8" distance, 1-1/4" hole.

THATS ALL I"M TELLING A MISS. STATE FAN!
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Top Bottom