Perris

Amarsh0811

Reaction score
What is the hunting at perris lake like these days. I have a disabled vet pass that lets me in free. Let me know. If anyone want to hunt there let me know i can get you in also. I am assuming its over hunted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quaildeath

Reaction score
Well no more duck hunting because of the draught and lake levels. The same goes for upland birds. You may see a rabbit or two. Bass fishing is till good though.

solus

Reaction score
Not worth hunting there. Upland game is gone and waterfowl has been stopped due to lack of habitat.

crazy hunter

Reaction score
Was just there not long ago and there are hundreds of quail in the campground, but its like they know to stay there. They only hangout in the non-hunting zones.

Fishgunner

Reaction score
It's a big dry area that holds very little wildlife. That being said, I usually get a shot or two at some dove when I go out... but thats it, a shot maybe two. There are dove, rabbits, snakes and if you are insanely lucky you may find a quail (the lake has been closed for waterfowling for years now, so no duck-hunting)- and again it's fairly barren. It's usually not over-hunted because there is nothing there so most guys don't bother. They have special rules at Perris- Shotgun only area that opens to the public 2 weeks after the dove season starts. Sometimes if I can't sweat it on at San Jac, I'll wander over to Perris to try and nab a couple of dove or a bunny but I usually leave empty handed. The short answer is if you're already in the area it's a great way to sport a good walk, but don't go out of your way to hunt there... not worth the trip.

Amarsh0811

Reaction score
That's what I figured guess I can use it for dog training with live bird launcher

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amarsh0811

Reaction score
Fake live bird launcher if you can shoot a full load shotgun there I don't think they will mind .22 blanks

Fishgunner

Reaction score
You are probably better off heading down to Davis Rd. near San Jac and using the dog training area there. Be careful with the .22 - if I'm not mistaken, if you get caught with ANYTHING other than a shotgun at Perris/ San Jac you are in deep doo-doo. Might want to call and ask to be sure...

Amarsh0811

Reaction score
The bumper launcher uses .22 blanks

Amarsh0811

Reaction score
I could just use shotgun shells with primers only also

Amarsh0811

Reaction score
Gotta reload them yourself to do that

Amarsh0811

Reaction score
Pop the spent primer out put new one in

quailman

Reaction score
Quail are in the mountains north of the lake, last year ran into two coveys of over 40 birds in each

2dogs1name

Reaction score
Mountains north of Perris?

Quail are in the mountains north of the lake, last year ran into two coveys of over 40 birds in each
Hey Quailman,

Are you referring to the mountains north of San Jac? The mountains north of Perris are close to homes on the other side...

Thanks!

Top Bottom