Pet Parrot Fends off Attackers

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Parrot stuck in tree swore at birds that attacked him

A parrot which got stuck in a tree in Canada swore at other birds which tried to attack it.

Rico, a South American parrot, became frightened after a ride on a merry-go-round so he flew into the tree and wouldn't get down.

Owner Melanie McCarthy, of Prince Rupert, British Columbia, eventually called the fire department who hosed Rico out of the tree.

The police, members of the Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals and firefighters had already tried to coax him down.

"He sat up there for a couple of hours talking away to us, saying 'Come here, come here, go home'," Melanie told the Canoe website.

She stayed with Rico all night while he was eyed up by bald eagles. In the morning he was attacked by crows and used a two-word expletive to drive them away.

"We usually tell him those are bad words," said Melanie.

She added: "Firefighters hosed him out of the tree and in full flight a raven or crow dove on him and grabbed his body just above the tail feathers, just enough to draw blood. But he was really happy to get home. He said 'Hello Hi'."

BigDog

Reaction score
Years ago, I had a Blue Fronted Amazon. I picked him up one day from a friend who was birdsitting while I had been out of town. A loud motorcycle came by just as I was getting into the car and he took off. I hunted all over the neighborhood for a couple hours. I finally heard him talking and whistling. It still took me a while to figure out where he was. Finally figured out he was on top of an apartment building. I had to climb up a power pole that was next to the building. It was a flat roof. He was pacing all over it running through his vocabulary which was quite large. I figured that it was his way of cussing himself out for getting that predicament.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom