PF camera disassembly

Tom Cooper

Reaction score
I am taking apart my PF to wireup but am having trouble getting the viewfinder shroud off. I read that there are two prongs to be careful with, are they pointing strait into the  rear of the camera body or what? Also where is the best location to bring the wires out thru the camera, I am using three wires with a phono jack?

glen71

Reaction score
Tom - I haven't disassembled my PF yet, but there is a picture of the recommended location for the stereo jack below Jesse's "3-wire" hookup instructions. Just scroll down.

mike

Reaction score
I don't know if this will help on not. But when I took apart mine I over looked a screw that I didn't take out. Its the one down inside the camera where the film rolls up.
It had me stumped for awhile.

Tom Cooper

Reaction score
OK I got the back of the housing off but now I cannot get the front housing off.I am sure I got all the screws but the film door release button seems to be holding it on yet. I really want to use the three wire setup but if I can't get the front housing off to cut the hole for the wires to come out I am going to give up and two wire it and come up thru the shutter button just to get it done. I do not see how you can safely cut the housing with it still on.Thank you for any help!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Tom

Do This:

Cut off the Strap

you will take off the front cover by starting at the Strap End - Take your finger nail (if you have finger nails) and pry up a little on the cover bottom near the Batt Door and gently start removing the cover, it will also have to spring out a little over the Strap's old location.  When the cover swings out, you will have to "Unhook" it from the Door Latch Mechanism

I drill a hole for the wires just over the 1st "N" in the word "Canon"

To Reinstall the Cover:

Important, 'CLOSE' the lens cover, otherwise, it could bend the cam power contacts for On/Off

Hook the front cover over the Door Latch Mechanism 1st then work your way up to the Strap Location.  Once it snaps in place, you can pry up a little on the front cover bottom with your finger nails and slide the Batt Door back in place (I mark the (+) side of this door with a RED magic marker for batt post ID conveniece)

slide on the Counter Cover (a little difficult)

To get the rear shroud back on (and off) the film door has to be open, watch the door hinge pin don't slide down a little and get in the way.

I run the new wires thru the Strap location and tape off to hold them secure and glue over the hole they come out of.....do everything possible to keep the wires from getting jerked off the solder traces....

Tinhorn

Tom Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks Tinhorn, great directions, got it off now and ready to start my soldering. Wish me luck.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom