PF

buckmarkhnter

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what to do? my first pf took eight pictures and then wouldnt flash again till I manually flashed a picture. I have been using the older owls and had no trouble . Do I need a refresh on this one if so how do I put one on it?  Thanks

bat

Reaction score
Hey buckmarkhnter,
 Give a few more details someone in here will fix it for you.  They are great troubleshooters.  What kind of connectors are you using?  Did you do a two wire or three wire hookup?  Where did you wire into the camera at, the front, top at the soldering points or on the traces themselves?  I had my first camera do this for a week and checked and recheck the soldering connections until I found the connectors and one of the soldering points was losing the connection.  When you say this in your problem statement (my first pf took eight pictures and then wouldnt flash again till I manually flashed a picture),  does that mean that it would take a picture but would not flash or it would not take another picture at all? I don't think you need a refresh if you can manually get it going again by pressing the shutter button to get it to flash, sounds more like you are losing the connection to the flash somewhere.  Another thought, did you open and close the battery lid before you pressed the shutter button to get it to flash?  hope this helps, bat

buckmarkhnter

Reaction score
I have a two wire hook-up to cam .no connectors just straight from ms-20 .  It took the pictures without opening the bat. door.  just pressed the flash button and it started taking pics again.  It is wired on the front of the cam.  thanks

bat

Reaction score
Ok we are narrowing it down a bit!  Lets go a bit more with it.  Would it take a picture but not flash or would not take a picture at all before you manually pressed the shutter button?  How did you test it to see that it would not flash?  Did you check switch the DPDT switch back to led to see if it was getting a detection signal before pressing the manual shutter?  bat

buckmarkhnter

Reaction score
Bat, When I would wave my hand infront of the pir,the led would come on, the shutter would not work nor the flash.  I left my led without a switch, after manually pressing the button it both flashed and the shutter worked.  I left it in the woods and when I walked infront of it, it would flash every time.

davered1

Reaction score
How long did you hold the shutter button down for before it took a picture?

Do you have any mods done to the board? Are you running in test or auto mode. If you didn't change th R26 resistor then the shutter probably isn't being held long enough to take a pic, Factory resistor can hold shutter down form 2 -4 seconds.

If you had to hold shutter button down longer then about 3 seconds before it fired then change R26 to a 220k resistor. it will give you about 8 -10 seconds of shutter press.

Let me know if this is problem, BARE MS2o's should all have this resistor swapped. It's a 10 second delay

bat

Reaction score
buckmarkhnter,  try what dave is telling you if you didn't do the conversion.  If it is still having the problem you might want to check the soldering or the relay...somewhere you are losing the signal to fire the camera.  Check the soldering points first then maybe change the relay....by the way which relay are you using the 5 or 12 volt relay and what is your battery source?  bat

buckmarkhnter

Reaction score
I am using the9-volt relay,and a9.6 volt race car batt.  I don;t know how long I held the button down, just pushed it and it fired.  I will go pick it up this week-end and check it out. It is a stock ms-20 except for the relay.  It was in test mode.  Thanks Guys

gizz

Reaction score
I think Davered may have the solution. Some owl pf's require the change and some don't. As a general practice, i try and replace that resistor(R26) on all my MS20's when i tear into them.

buckmarkhnter

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help.  I will change the resistor next week when I go replace the cam with another unit.

Advertisement

Top Bottom