Phase I of videocam complete

hunt4it44

Reaction score
I thought I would share a couple of pics of my homebrew videocam that I just completed. I originally intended to have it completed a couple of months ago but better late than never.

I still need to add an IR light source so right now I have it where I can program what hours it will record - generally sunup to sundown. I used a MS20 (last one I had....sniff sniff) to trigger a microchip that I programmed. And I can't take all the credit on the chip - I found some programmed code on the web that actually does the LANC communication with the camcorder. The time of recording can be set 2 ways - a preset period of time which works in conjunction with the time delay on the MS20 or it will keep recording as long as something keeps moving around in front of the PIR.

I also added a 4x20 LCD that provides the current time, the number of video recordings, the start and stop recording times and the video length. All setup is completed through 2 tact switches.

My circuit is very rough and looks like heck after I built it on a perf board. But the darn thing sure seems to work good. Hope to get it out in the field in the next day or two and have some video to share with everyone next week.

Attachments

hunt4it44

Reaction score
I forgot to thank all the others who have contributed on the videocam topic. All your work sure influenced how I built mine.

Homemade templates and a few cans of spray paint finished out the case.

Attachments

campkopasquat

Reaction score
Hunt4it44,

Great job! Reminds me that I need to start putting lables on my switches and leds. Sometimes the mind just ain't what it used to be.

Can't wait to see it done and some clips. What kind of camcorder are you using?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hot Dog that's nice,

Somedaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tinhorn

Killet

Reaction score
That is a nice setup, make sure to post some video!

PS I left the labels off my switches so if some moron steals it they wont figure out how to use it

Latest Posts

Top Bottom