Pheasant clubs in So Cal

uplander

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
It's my first time posting here & what a great site this has become! I was first stumbled into jesse's hunting page through Varmint al's web site & that was few years back. Well here's my question. I've hunted pheasant mostly up north @ hastings island hunting preserve for the last 4 years & I think the hunting there is very close to natural & great. I joined the Four Winds last year & hunted there last season because it's closer & I could get there on the weekends. I am looking into joining Raahagues for a change. How are they comapre to each other? Is there any good pheasant club in so cal near Norwalk(LA county)? Any advice would be appreciated.
ONLY 17 DAYS 'TIL DOVE OPENER, YEAH!!!!
Good hunting!
uplander  

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Uplander:

Welcome to Jesse's.  We've got a great bunch of guys here.  In answer to your question, I've hunted both clubs several times.  Raahauges has gone down hill a lot in the last few years.  The people there are still good people, but they just put too many hunters in too little a space.  A whole lot of people getting peppered with shot before the days over.  Wish it was like the old days, because it's only about 10 miles from my house. I've heard that the annual members have some better and larger fields, but I've never experienced their situation.  Raahauges is great for sporting clays, and their shooting fair, but their "Day Hunts" are just not as good as they use to be.

I now drive 4 times farther to hunt Four Winds.  Bigger fields, some cottontail and dove when their in season, and some wild pheasants once in a while.  The owner seems to be a nice guy also.  And, if your coming some distance you can camp there free.

uplander

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, Bishop.
I've hunted there last season & it was all right. I guess I am keep comaparing the hunt experience up north. They still release the pen raised bird but they release the birds the night before & it's more natural hunt setting. I guess I am looking for something more close to natural hunting. I just can's drive up north every weekend.....
Any more member's comments on both clubs? Or any others around?
Thank again for welcoming me to forum.
Brian AKA uplander

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
uplander
Welcome to JHP these are a great group of guys. I hunt pheasants at the Antelope Valley Sportsman Club in Lancaster. We always get a private field alot larger than anyother place I've been to. You can also try the San Jacinto wildlife area on the otherside of Lake Perris. Good luck on your hunting.
Here's the site of the Antelope Valley Sportsman Club
http://www.whitesidesflyer.com/hunting

(Edited by Qbn Hunter at 10:50 am on Aug. 15, 2002)

WingSetter

Reaction score
If you go to Raahauges make sure you wear a good
steel toe boot, as you will kick up more birds that flush.
Last time there we had to kick more birds up that flushed,
and my Buddies dog got more birds out of the bush than
one of my friends shot.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom