bassmaster

Reaction score
Im thinking about hunting at raahauges for pheasant.I would like to know your experiences there.

songdog

Reaction score
Kind of like shooting chickens...

A bunch of guys have been talking about the Antelope Valley Sportsman's Club which sounds a lot better.  I haven't hunted it but for basically the same price it sure sounds a lot better.

uplandhunter

Reaction score
Have been to Raahauge's and AV Sportsman Club. Prefer AV by large amount. Terrain is much better. Lots of hills and better cover. Raahauge's is pretty flat and the birds are harder to get airborn (if you know what I mean). Great people to deal with also. I also believe that Raahauge's doesn't have the availability of chukar which are alot of fun. Try them both for yourself. It's always just fun to get out and chase birds.

Bishop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've hunted Raahauges and Four Winds.  In the last few years Raahauges has gotten worst and worst.  Basically the fields are too small for the number of hunters they put out.  So, you end up getting shot a couple times a trip.  They have a great Shooting Fair and some good shooting events, along with duck hunting. But, I won't pheasant hunt there anymore.  Thats really too bad because they're only 12 miles from my house.
Four Winds has bigger fields, and you can shoot pheasant or chuker, or both.  And they border on the San Jacinto WA, so there are some wild birds on the property at times.  But the majority of birds that your shooting are pen raised pheasant, that need a good kick in the butt to get them flying if you don't have a dog.

Hook

Reaction score
Never hunted at Rahauges but, I have been to AV several times. the fields are big and you have plenty of room to roam. If you can get enough people together (5-10) I prefer High Desert. The price comes out the same if you get 5 or more guys to split the birds.

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
AV would be a better choice. A group of us are going Thanksgiving weekend. It cost about $70.00 for 3 pheasants.

tinner

Reaction score
i have hunted rahaugees but non of the other. my father litterally had to pick the bird up and throw it to get it to fly.

WingSetter

Reaction score
Bring a good steel toe boot as you will need to kick almost all the birds up, or if you have a good dog he will find more than you shoot.  Last time I was there my friends Lab grabbed more birds out of the bushes than a fellow hunter friend of ours shot.  Eight to be exact.

Top Bottom