Pheasent hunting

RanchRoper

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good hunting club in S Cal for pheasant.  The only one I know of is in Corona.  If you have hunted the one in Corona what did you think about it?  Thanks.

songdog

Reaction score
I've hunted the popular club out in Norco but wasn't impressed.  Birds had no tails, the majority were hens or some off colored variant (looked kind of like a chicken) and had to be kicked to get them flying.  It was also really crowded and the fields were small.  It was quite reasonably priced at something around $55 for a weekday for three birds.

The High Desert Hunt Club is pretty much the exact opposite.  The birds are all roosters, long tails and fly very well.  The fields are bigger.  You'll rarely see another hunter.  But you pay for this to the tune of about $375 for a combo hunt which includes pheasant, chukar and quail.

I haven't hunted at the Antelope Valley Sportsman's Club but I've heard good things.  Sounds like it might be in between the other two mentioned.  Good birds and a little more expensive but not too much.

RanchRoper

Reaction score
Could you tell me where the High desert hunt club is or give me some kind of contact #.  Thanks for the help.

songdog

Reaction score
The High Desert Hunt Club is about 7 miles east of Gorman on the 138.  Their phone number is 888-425-HUNT.  

If you have a dog or are considering getting a dog (upland) I'd definitely give them a ring.  The lady who runs the club is really nice and well versed in the ways of upland dogs.  That's how the club got it's start from what I understand.

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
I have hunted the Antelope Valley Sportman Club many times. Compared to the other clubs in So Cal., for the price, is the best around. It cost about $65.00 for three pheasants. we have about 5 people in are group and we always get a private field. The fields here are huge. This is there website: www.whitesidesflyer.com.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
AV Sportsman club is a good one. The birds look good and fly pretty well. Price runs around $65 for three roosters but sometimes he has weekday specials. Good luck where ever you go.     Scott

hronk

Reaction score
The Lone pine pheasant club is another good choice, though it is a 4 hr drive from LA.  From people that I have talked too that hunt a lot of different clubs, it has more cover and is a more realistic hunt than a lot of places.  It covers well over a thousand acres and includes 5 different fields.  Your group will not have any competition as each group is in a different area.  Cover includes wild rose bushes, Blow-downs, swampy areas, sage and heavy willow patches.  If you like hunting hard or taking it easy, there is a field/area that is right for you.  You can Call them at 760-876 8334.......hronk

WingSetter

Reaction score
Well, lets put it this way that club in Corona (Norco) does not plant birds that fly that well.  So I'll say this my buddies LAB accounted for more birds than some of the guys I hunted with. Dog accounted for eight of the birds that he found in the bushes that would not fly.  Oh ya bring a good boot as you may kick as many birds up as all the  field goal kickers do on Sunday in the NFL

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Well, things have gone down at that club in Norco in the last few years, but they still have a great Shooting Fair every  year.  For pheasant I prefer the club in Lakeview.  They give you assigned fields so no one shoots you like at that other club.  No one has their dogs in your field flushing your birds, and they border the San Jacinto WA, so you sometimes get into some wild pheasants. Like most of the clubs the majority of the hunters leave by 11-12:00, so you have your run of the place after that.  They also have chucker and allow overnight camping.  Price is about the same $60-65 for 3 pheasants or 4 chucker, and you can mix them up.

stickman

Reaction score
The high desert hunt club is a great place. The have a web site you can check out. I heard that they are going to be going to a member only club after this year. As far as norco goes, stay away. I hunted there one time. Not a single bird would run or fly. Not to mention we were constantly peppered with shot from the guys in the next field.

Advertisement

Top Bottom