Pheasnt

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Looking for a club near Los Banos area.  I want to take my lab for her first hunt where I know there will be birds before I take her out in the field.

Thanks

Hntrjohn

Reaction score
There is Cahoon pheasant club in Escalon. There is also a club in Stevevsin, I have never hunted there though. There used to hear West Valley in Gustine was pretty good.

John

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Don't know if you want to travel that far, but you could try the pheasant hunt down in Pixley.

TealMan

Reaction score
I'm going to hunt pheasant at Cahoon next weekend, so I can give you feedback on the place if you would like.

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Sure, Tealman.

I took Mocha out to Kesterson and BLue Goose last weekend.  There weren't too many birds flying but I did manage to get one teal Sat and my first Greenhead Sunday.  Mocha hesitated at her first bird on sat, but she eventually figured out that it wasn't a decoy and went right in after the duck.  My greenhead went down in the tule's, if it wasn't for Mocha I would have lost my first Mallard.  It was great watching her work.  Looking forward to seeing her hunt pheasant and ducks when the weatrher get sthose ducks up in the sky.

MarkL

Reaction score
Jesse, the LB Enterprise has been running adds for the Stevenson club. Also, Salt Slough usually has the highest number of pheasants taken in the grassland area(wild birds). Kesterson will also allow pheasant hunting for the 1st time in many years starting on the 10th. Also, Los Banos wildlife area will be releasing birds a couple of times this season. Good luck!

TealMan

Reaction score
Bubba,

I went to the Cahoon pheasant club for the first time on Saturday, and had a blast.  It was the first time in my life that I had hunted planted pheasants, so I can't compare it to other pheasant clubs.  My dad and I had 5 birds come up, and 5 birds go into the bag.  It was a great experience, and everyone there was real nice.  If you have any other questions about the place, email me.

Varmint Al

Reaction score
There is a new Duck and Pheasant Hunting Club on Bethel Island, CA. I wrote them a web page in trade for hunting privaledges. Tough work, but someone had to do it.

Bart just passed his third leg of the Junior Hunter Test over in Lodi and he is ready to hunt pheasants. The fields are full of wild birds and they have about 500 birds ready to release. Can't wait till Saturday.

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Varmint Al,

I didn't see a thread welcoming you but I imagine there's one on here someplace.  At any rate, welcome.  I stumbled across your page a long time ago and really enjoyed it.  Very interesting, professionally done, and just plain fun.  You're politics ain't too bad neither. :toast-yellow:

Good hunting to you.

Regards,
Paul

Varmint Al

Reaction score
Hi Hogskin. Thanks for the kind words. Well, pheasant season opens in 47 hours and counting. Looks like the forecasted rain on Bethel Island is fading to merely clouds. I can handle that. It is really difficult to tell hens from young roosters when they are all wet. Bart is READY too!  

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Thanks Tealman and Varmint Al

Varmint AL

Really enjoy your website also...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Upland Bird Hunting 4
6x7 Upland Bird Hunting 8