Photoscout Camera

jayber

Reaction score
I found out a different camera that's in the Photoscout.  It uses a Premier BF-500D.  Not sure if the 'D' denotes date, but I'll find out.  Here are some of it's specs:
active automatic focusing system with focus lock
1.5m to infinity (normal)
shutter speed 1/250-1/60 sec.
iso 100/200 and 400
magnification 0.68x, field angle 88%
flash, auctomatic, recycling time approx. 6 sec.
self timer, approx. 12 seconds delay electronic self timer
counter, additive automatic reset to "s" when camera back door is open.
Power Source: 2 AA batteries

Anybody seen, tried, or know where to find one of these?!

jayber

Reaction score
OK, I found out that Premier is a Japanese company and supposedly the cameras are sold in most of your local camera stores.  I did find a distributor that carries them and he's faxing me some specs as well as pricing.  The camera does have date feature too!

(Edited by jayber at 9:58 am on April 2, 2002)

jayber

Reaction score
The distributor claims to be the only one in the U.S......go figure!  LOL  And a minimum order from them is 80 cameras, but the price is attractive at ~$30 ea. + shipping.  I just don't need that many!!!!  Tried haggling with the owner to get one to try, but no cigar!

jayber

Reaction score
Maybe.......what do you know about them????

(Edited by jayber at 1:35 pm on April 2, 2002)

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Don't know a thing about them other than I found them on the web, and they are in Florida

Butch

jayber

Reaction score
davered1,
I asked that question, but they weren't able to tell me.  I even had them look in an Owner's Manual, but they weren't able to find anything.  Wish I could find 1 to buy and check out!

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
More info on Premier Cameras:

" Premier are the largest Camera maker in the world. They are ISO9001 and ISO9002 qualified. Premier manufacture approx 1.3 Million Camera per month !

A new factory is being built and they will increase manufacturing capacity to 2 million Cameras per month. They produce OEM & ODM Cameras for Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Agfa and many other brands. For the initial launch of the Premier Camera brand we have six models available."

Butch

jayber

Reaction score
The lady I spoke with regarding the Premier did mention that after seeing the insides of a Nikon & Fuji she thought they were all the same camera.  She couldn't name models, just an observation.

Found a couple of websights showing the camera for sale, but they were in foreign text.  Can anybody translate Japanese or Russian?!  HeHe

(Edited by jayber at 4:14 pm on April 2, 2002)

jayber

Reaction score
When in doubt, call on your friends (in the military)!  My friends', wife's, brother just so happens to be in Japan and she's asked him if he could find one for me.  Hopefully this won't be the last on this topic/camera!!

(Edited by jayber at 11:01 am on April 3, 2002)

Pgumby68

Inactive
Reaction score
I talked to one of the guys at Highlander abour the cameras they use. He told me they originally used the Canon Owl Date, but later found that the Premier 500 BF Date is the same camera without the Canon name or price.

jayber

Reaction score
Same as the PF or just Owl date?  Would be nice to get that added flash!  

Pgumby68

Inactive
Reaction score
I think the guys name was "Smoke". He said it was the same as the old Owls. I assume he meant the "slide on switch" Owl AF.

I just checked my Email, the guys name is Smoke Ulman.

(Edited by Pgumby68 at 6:54 pm on April 4, 2002)

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom