Pic of Camera

Skwirl

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my camera with my new camo job. I tried to make it as close to all the pines I have here in Colorado. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

PaPaBob

Reaction score
Skwirl: Great camo. Cam disappears. Just the horizontal green strap may draw attention. I have always tried to coverup the strap or Python cable by using local natural leaves, branches etc. I stick leaves in an around the cable and also cut branches that I can stick in the ground at the base of the tree and weave the leafy or needle covered branches in an around the camera being careful not to put anything directly in front of the camera obviously. Here is demo picture of what I am talking about. Just enough cover to help NOT bring attention to the setup.

Not a cricisim but just trying to be helpful.

Attachments

PaPaBob

Reaction score
Here also is a Tree Bark D-380 setup that I just finished. New 3D camo for the kind of trees that I have here in Michigan.

Attachments

jqcargle

Reaction score
Good looking cam Skwirl. What kind of setup - camera, board, ect.?

Skwirl

Reaction score
Setup has the Canon Owl PF with Glolab board. I used Krylon Fusion and painted the box first, then used other paints to adhere to that. So far no peeling has occurred.

g-hog

Reaction score
PaPaBob we have some of those trees like your camera is on down here in Arkansas....We call them fence post
Just kidding, Nice job both of you.

GHog

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, we have some of those trees (fence posts) over here on the east side of MI, too..they get stolen if you don't cement them in..... but not up in the central LP where we hunt. Those are all ^@#$%* Jack Pine's that are worthless to try to camo something to since there are also sweet ferns all over there, too... anyone done their research??? Can anyone do a nice knot or chancre on their camo?? (I think I spelled that wrong. ) Let's see some camo in tree irregularities. Diseases, etc.. we were informed last year when we started a forest fire (quite by accident, I assure you) of about 6.8 acres, that our hunting area is called 'the zone' because of the danger of fire and the disease, etc.... problems out there.
and tree huggers suck, too....

shoogie8779

Reaction score
Both cams look great. Good camo job. I'm about to start my first camo job.... we'll see how it turns out.

PaPaBob

Reaction score
So you guys like my Michigan backyard tree that I hang my cam on. Well, you see this is where I test them because the coons and possums come calling on my deck to eat my cats food . So I will these willing participants in camera testing each night.

HeadNurse: I am betting that you are hunting that Hale, Glennie, Tawas area of Michigan if all you have is those jackpines and scrub pines. I started my hunting life in that part of the state but quickly found out that there were REAL trees in the rest of the state. Moved over to Mecosta co. and also down here by Lansing. Trees with bark and leaves. Something you can hang a cam and treestand onto.

Get in the real world.

Here is a little spruce tree camo job.

Attachments

Lechwe

Reaction score
PapaBob, Love that avitar. Gotta find one like that.

PaPaBob

Reaction score
Just right click mine and save to your PC. If you are interested in making your own you can follow this link to a piece of software that sells for $50 buck but has a 15 day trial period. Take you own pics and make one yourself.

ULead GIF Animator 5 Software

Have fun.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom