Pic on negative not printed

Dbworld

Reaction score
Took negatives from my first roll of deer to have reprints and as I was writing down the ones i wanted I notced at the end of the roll was a nice close pic of a deer that hadn't got printed because it was at the end of the roll and only about 3/4 of the frame was exposed...I asked if they could print it for me.  I didn't even look that close...hopefully they'll be some horns.  

StringShooter

Reaction score
Always check your negatives. Some pictures may be a bit under exposed and will not be printed.

That under exposed picture may just be something worth while.

abedford

Reaction score
Be very careful when you get pictures from the photo lab - ALWAYS check the negatives to see if they did not print some pictures or missed critical information on a picture they did print.

Example:  I had a picture with a large deer on the far right side of the print.  You could see just the base of the right antler - looked like it might be a nice buck, but the pic showed almost nothing.  I looked at the negative and noticed that MUCH more of the deer was on the negative than was printed.  After some searching, I found a photo shop that would shift the print area to the right (chop off some of the left side to gain "the rest" of the right side.  End result - all of the right antler and most of the left antler came through and was a very nice buck indeed.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I saw one of those self serve enlargement machines that takes negatives (I think)....so if I don;t get a pic from it, I'm going to try that next  

Top Bottom