Pics from the Farm

whitetailfan

Reaction score
The wife and I went up to visit her family on their farm in Dover, NC over the holiday weekend. My Father-in-Law has this "hunting bug" as bad if not worse than I do. The only difference is that he can just hop up and go anytime he pleases. Here is an example of what I mean. I set up my cam in their back yard and got a whole roll in one night. With our first baby on the way (their first grandbaby) they have been tempting me and coaxing me to move up there on the farm with them. With deer, bear and every other kind of critter known to this part of the country, as plentiful as they are, it's getting really hard to say no. LOTS and LOTS of land, wooded and farm land. Okay, now to the pics.

This kinda puts into perspective how close the deer are to their home. This is my Brother-in-Law, Mark riding his dog Lucy on the four wheeler. Notice how close the houses are in the background. That's my in-laws' houses. This is a Kennco feeder that my Father-in-Law got for Christmas.

OK, I think she knew her picture was being taken. Notice the Raccoon under the feeder.

Always on the lookout. That's a buck with his head down.

Observation...I think she's ready to POP!!!

This goes on day and night all over the farm. Remember, I only had the cam out for one night.

Let me know what all of you think!!! I set up the cam the next night for some bear pics but I still have part of that roll. Getting it developed tomorrow!!!

woodsman

Reaction score
NICE PICS ! I'D say thoughs pics answer your question (TIME TO MOVE):bounce-green:

StringShooter

Reaction score
Good job! Nice picture quality.

The time is getting close for me to get a few cams out to see how the bucks are progressing.

This is my 3rd year now that I have been using the home brew cams and I have gotten my money worth for sure.

Zeke

Reaction score
Those are some cool pics Whitetail!!! I've been thinking about taking my cam over to my parents farm and getting some pics of the deer in their back yard. They have a pond out back and Pops got a feeder set up on the back side of it. It might be 150yds from their house. It would be neat to see the flash going off across the pondlooking out the windows.

bat

Reaction score
Hey cousin, hehe, hadn't talked to you in a long time lol.  Hey if your dad in law has room......old cousin bat would.........
Nice pictures whitetailfan, lots of deer, I would move for sure if I could get a good job and deer were like that.  Those two lights in the picture, I got one located that looks like maybe a car shelter in the back of the house but what is the one that moved up and then disappeared.....moon maybe, just wondering!  bat

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Do you think they would adopt me?lol. Nice pics and a real nice looking farm. Mike

whitetailfan

Reaction score
The one that looks lik a light up higher than the houses is actually a bug. Not sure exactly what kind. There is one pic of another light, that is my wife's great aunt's house. That is the room we stay in when we visit. If you look really, really close you can see me running around in my draws!!! LOL! It was really neat seeing the flash every-so-often. I had no idea the flash was that BRIGHT!!!

bat

Reaction score
uh I think I'm going to find my shades lol.  Thanks whitetailfan, I guess that's where you got that name huh.  Just kidding bud.  I bet that was a sight to see.  bat

Idaelk

Reaction score
Visiting inlaws is one thing, living with them is quite another. I think I would just make plans to hunt there a lot during the upcoming season. I live in Idaho by the snake river and it's common to see 25-30 deer coming from the river bottoms to the neighbors crabapple tree at night. Nobody around here pays much attention because we mostly hunt the mountains for muledeer. But I think I might try for some of these whitetail you guys seem to like so much.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom