Pic's of Welby's "Phantom" turkey

gizz

Reaction score
Welby sent me these. Hope you don't mind me posting these.
You'll have to decide who the "turkey" is and who phantom is:rofl

MBullism

Reaction score
Aah, the classic limbhanger.  Way to go Welby!

(and no, I don't mind...)

M

woodsman

Reaction score
Nice job bagging the phantom welby! :smile-big-blue:

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 He sure does have a funny way of roosting,he must think he is a Bat!!

Nice bird you got there Welby!!

metalkingdom

Reaction score
Nice bird.

I have to admit, I crack up every time I see the limb hang pose.

Welby

Reaction score
ha ha LOL

Thanks, gizz!  I sure am a goofy looking thang, ain't I?  ha ha

That's my prized Phantom alright, and yeah, in the limbhanger pose too!  Hey, I may never get to do that again -- you never know!

I probably shouldn't tell this, but my brother is the world's worst about the limbhanger pose.  I have seen him take turkeys with 7/8" spurs and no possible way of hanging on a limb and somehow make them hang for a picture!  Even if it takes weaving their feet through the branches!  He's got it bad, ain't he?

I snapped those pictures in a hurry.  It was about to rain and I had to get to work.  Those pictures were taken at the edge of my yard, and the whole time, there was another gobbler I've been after gobbling his head off across the road, on posted property of course.

Thanks gizz!  I appreciate it.  You didn't have to do it, but I do appreciate it.  Thanks.

RSB

Reaction score
Good bird and pics. Congrats Welby!

killinturks

Reaction score
nice bird, if i recall correctly you chased him round about before he was courteous enuff to pose for some photos. congratulations

SAW

Reaction score
Nice pictures!I'll have to remember that limbhanger pose for next year.Congratulations on a nice bird.     SAW

Lankyman

Reaction score
Welby,

Good photos.  Congrats on the limbhanger.  I have taken a few over the years & have always forgotten to hangem high until after I get them in the freezer.  Maybe next year, I can get one one film.

Tominator

Reaction score
Awesome bird Welby! I bet that bird gave your brother fits when you showed him how it really is done, congrats again!
Tominator

killinturks

Reaction score
yep looks like a good time was had by quite a few of us this year. we had some first time birds for some guys and some memorable hunts for many of us. i really enjoyed myself this year, tried a new zone, and learned a bit about some public land so it was a good thing.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom