Picture Challenge for this forum

Jimmy Jones

Reaction score
I was just thinking that it would be cool to spice the board up a little by haveing a big buck challenge.  I like the doe pic that this forum has, but it would be kinda fun to put the biggest buck up there. I mean this forum is one of the busiest of all  JHP's forums.  Anyway, the biggest buck pick would stay up there until a bigger pic was taken.   Might be cool to do for this hunting season. There's no way of scoring the bucks, but we could do a vote for the challenging buck pics.

Anyway, just a thought.  What do you all think?

JJ  

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Seems like a neat idea,but would rather have it along the lines of a featured pic of the week type thing,instead of big buck,this way no one would be left out because they couldnt get a big buck on film like some we know  (Passthru<-----)

shadow

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Passthru about maybe doing it weekly or monthly.  I know the bucks in my area will NEVER compare to one of the far south Texas Bucks antler size or a Northern buck body size.  

OR

Since this is about game cams etc... why not do a monthly post of the most ingenious, smallest package, improvement or "best" looking cam of the month?

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Sounds good just as long as no one gets their feelings hurt, this reminds me of the photo contest last year, it turned real ugly. I guess it's Jesses decision, he'd have to update the photo every week or month.  

Jimmy Jones

Reaction score
I thought about the picture of the month, but thought "the biggest buck" would be easier on Jesse.  I'd rather see the "pic of the month" myself but it's up to Jesse.  It could be just for this hunting season since this is when we will be taking the most pics.

What do you think Jesse?

JJ

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
How about a pic of the month. I don't know how we can decide, maybe start a post and take a vote on the pics as they are posted.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Several have expressed an interest in the past for just such a thing, don't know how much trouble it'd be at the "New Site" guess the Poll thing isn't set up for something like that huh?   I think it's a good idea tho and hope an easy method can be worked out

Tinhorn

Wonder how many never noticed
the Doe at the top of the page had
on Glasses!

bigbucks

Reaction score
Thought about something like that myself, just too big of a wuss to mention it. I'm with PASSTHRU, besides, some of my most interesting pics aren't big bucks at all. That would make it fair for everyone. The vote idea sounds good to me. I vote for BigBucks pics of his big boys for every month throughout 2004! Kidding.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I think it would be interesting. Tinhorn I thought that was neat the first time I saw it.

vman

Reaction score
Ok how about this,
I could start a spreadsheet and keep trac off everybody who sends me a pic that they want posted.  I will then just switch a pic every week/month making sure that everybody gets a turn.  I like one a week because then you would have 52 a year instead of 12.  Also I think it would be nice to add text to some part of the photo to let everybody know who it came from.  
Vman

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Brotherwolf,my sentiments exactly,no feelings hurt,no competition,just pick out a pic off someones web site,feature it awhile then move to the next person,this could be done in this forum and several of the hunting forums,but it may turn into alot of work for jesse unless it was a month long,we have Many hunting forums that would add up to a lot of pictures a year.
 Jesse,i have several megs of web space that can link an image to the site without hassle,i could go in and clean it up (i dont use it) and send you my user name and password for its use for storing the pics,this way you wont tie up any of your web space that is needed for other things,or i could upload them for you and send you the link to the image myself. my web space will not leave everyone looking at a little red X in a box either. of course i would have to get my FTP program loaded onto this new PC,i need it anyhow.  Does windows XP come with an FTP? i have not looked.

Top Bottom