Picture Editing Programs

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Altho I mostly use Paint Shop Pro to edit my pix's (their Resize Feature can be set to Inches, something I understand better than Pixels) I've been using "DC Photo Enhancer" to improve some of my Cam's pix's and it can be amazing, esp if the pix's are dark or have poor contrast.  The site says it's intended for Digital Cams but it'll improve any pix.  It's a free download from:

http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/enhancer.htm

On Jesse's Post stuck to the top of the Forum (How to Post your Pix's Here) he has listed some sites that can modify your pix's too.  Does anybody know of any Free Downloads that allows Resizing and Cropping our pix's to keep the size down for displaying on the Forum?

For those who need to modify their pix's, what's some other good Photo Editor Programs to use?  (esp those that are a free download and easy to use)

Tinhorn  

davered1

Reaction score
Tinhorn,

I am looking for a free jpeg cruncher as well SPINWAVE was free but I had to pay $6 a month now to use. Those digital pics are over 200 kb's when you download them to computer.

ANYONE??

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I use EXIF Viewer. It is the software that came with my first FUJI digital I bought 4 or 5 years ago. I don't know where to get it now but it works great. You size your pics by percentage and you can crop them also. You can't do much else with it but it works good for shrinking those big digital pics.

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Tinhorn, I can't get that program to download right for me.It keeps wanting to shell it to some file that i don't have . Is there any way of just downloading it to my program files or to my desktop.? Thanks, Mike

sven

Reaction score
I use Microsoft Photo Editor that comes with Microsoft Office.  If I remember right it doesn't automatically install with the main office stuff.  You have to manually pick to install it as one of the advanced install option.

A good place to look for freeware and shareware is http://www.cnet.com in there downloads section.  They list anything and everything as far as downloads go, and I'm sure they've got something you would be looking for.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
ShrewShooter

Did you download the Stand-Alone (EXE) version 1.3 ( 524 kB)  dcenhanc.zip file ?

That's what you want, it's been a long time since I did the download but I don't think I had any trouble installing the program....

BTW, I don't have any trouble resizing my pix's so they'll be a good size to display on the forum (using PSP) but was hoping somebody'd know of an easy-to-use resize program (FreeWare) for those of us who don't have a way to do it.  

Us Dialup guys hate it when somebody posts a 48" X 102" pix .....  some of the forum pix's are so slow to appear on my PC, it'd get here faster using Snail-Mail  
:wink-yellow:

Our DialUp System should be called "Tree to Tree" Service around here

Tinhorn

bat

Reaction score
hey Tinhorn,
 I came up on this site this afternoon that might have some good "Free" downloads for editing.  Check them out when you get time to see if any are good enought to use for editing of the pictures.  I did not have time to pull any of them up this evening or tonight but maybe there is one that can be used.  bat   http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/freeimageeditpc/

(Edited by bat at 11:56 pm on July 19, 2002)

Top Bottom