Picture of the biggest 4pt I have ever seen

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
This is a pic from my game cam.This is the biggest 4pt I have ever seen. What do you guys think? I know bow season is coming up soon and I thought this might get our blood flowing

Jon Bain

Reaction score
What a four point!!

He'll be a monster in another year or two.

woodseye

Reaction score
Wow! biggest one I've seen ever. Wonder if he will develop browtines? another year or so and he should be a racker.

woods

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Man,

You sure you guys don't have mule deer out there?  That sure looks like a bifurcated antler.  

Any of you other western hunters seeing this?

FTTPOW

Reaction score
You're right. He is a big 4-pt. It makes me wonder if he'll ever get any more points, though. Unless he's only a 1 1/2 yr. old, his genetics look limited. What do you think? Still, he's a big 4-pt!

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
FTTPOW,I had wondered the same thing.I'm going to try to get a better look at him once bow season starts. Maybe I can tell how old he is.

jim36

Reaction score
Nice 4 pt. , I always say its not the # of pts. but the size. Give me a spike thats carrying Louisville Sluggers and I'll take him.

GIVEMTHEBLADE

Reaction score
You better "Give'em the Blade"!!!  I wonder how old he is if this deer is older than 1.5 you need to take him out of the heard!!!!!!!  Also you might have a record 4 ptr there!!!!  Either way you need to WACK him!!!!

woodseye

Reaction score
He doesn't look very old from what I can see in pic.Would like to see his face and front part of body though.I would wonder the most if he will never have browtines,this is a BAD genetic trait to pass along.We have a lot of these up here and its a hard trait to eliminate from the gene pool.

woods

Reaction score
Good shot. I would wack him first chance I got though, or at least at him close for next year. I am a fan of multi points over width. I love big brow tines and my experiance is he will never have them, nor his kids. Good wide spread though.

This is a good example of the problems in QDM, this one would walk, but the same age 8 pint would get shot. Good bow practice for you!

james marquess

Reaction score
TNDEERHUNTER...I would sure try and check hie age also and if he seems over 2 yrs...Take him...two years ago I shot a 6 pointer and the guys were giving me hell
thinking that next year he would be a great one...when we checked his teeth he was old maby five or six...His boone and crockett score after drying was 108 with a 21 inch spread and the brow tines (E1) were only 1.25 and 1.50 inches.
I knew a lot of people would not believe it, so he is mounted on my wall with the others and he has the widest spread.
Any way I am glad I got him out of the herd even if I didn't know his age at the time I got him. :nope-blue:

deerstalker

Reaction score
Take him out at the earliest opportunity. It's obvious the buck is no yearling. Main beam mass and the depth of his neck where it meets the shoulders is a dead give-away. You do not want him to breed.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Well I got a good look at him last night in one of my food plots. I was looking through my spotting scope and he looks to be 4 to 5 years old. He has a grey face and a sagging belly. He was with a nice 10pt eating clover about an hour before dark. My oldest daughter was with me (15 years old)and she said she wanted to take him with her bow. So if she gets the shot I'm going to let her take him. Of course bow season is still a month away and everything can change in a month.I'll keep you all informed.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Nice 4 pointer...why don't ya let your daughter take the 10 pointer and you take the 4 point....hee hee...stirrng it up is all!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom