Picture Posting Idea

Mule

Reaction score
This is just a thought, but if the moderators are interested I could set up our own Deer Cam Photo web page on MSN comunities. Members could create their own photo albums and display their photos for free. Then link to it from here. What do you think?

jayber

Reaction score
Free sounds WONDERFUL to me!!!  But maybe a limit on the number of pictures so that the albums don't get too large for some (?).

And hopefully it stays up more than PhotoPoint has today!!!  LOL

(Edited by jayber at 4:37 pm on May 30, 2001)

gizz

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me. Kinda keep things in a nice neat place.

Mule

Reaction score
Its Done!!!!.......It's a little rough, but I'll fancy it up later. I'll be gone friday thru Monday for a bowfishing tournament we run. I hope it is ok I used Stanman and Jon Bains pics for the front page, I'll periodically change those pics with others. I left the message board open on the site if anyone has any question on uploading pics. In the mean time go to the site and join as a member and check it out. I have it set up that all members have to be approved by managers. Gizz and Tinhorn I would like to make you two manager of the site also with your permission.......If you like what you see you might want to have an official link to the site for all jesse's members to post their Cam pics.........Please give me input!!!  Here is the link:

http://communities.msn.com/JessesTrailCamPics

Neal

(Edited by Mule at 7:56 am on May 31, 2001)

Mule

Reaction score
I changed the site to a public site, there is now no manager approval needed to join.

Neal

undcoverbob

Reaction score
Mule. . .
 The MSN page is coming along GREAT! ! Hope some-more people join, and share their great trail-cam pictures!  

gizz

Reaction score
undcoverbob - due to the timing of your reply I'm assuming this "may" have been directed at me and if my posts ruffled any feathers I'm sorry for that. My intention is never to tick anyone off just to share pictures and ideas and at the same time hopefully pick up new ideas and share someone elses's photo's. I've been to the referenced MSN community several times and enjoy the pics there very much.
I chose not to set up my own album for the following reasons:
1. There is a 30 meg(from what I can tell) limit for all photos combined. I have about 120 photos of my own totalling close to 6megs at this time and plan to add many, many more. I would be hoggin up a lot of space.
2. I have "Paid For" storage at photopoint already. Honestly I thought the original intention was to set up a place for those that don't have paid for storage already. Why should I hog up the space that others could use for their pics.
3. Trying to maintain photos at 2 seperate places would be time consuming. I figured I had space I'll use it and let others that don't go ahead and use the MSN space.

Mule - You've done a nice job with the album and I enjoy visiting it. Keep up the good work!

undcoverbob

Reaction score
Gizz; My message was in NO way an attack on you. Just to tell Mule "Good Job" on the MSN page.  I like that there is 1 place where we call can see pictures that everyone is getting with their trail-cams.  

Mule

Reaction score
Thanks Guys~There is more I would like to do with the site, I just haven't had much time lately. There is a 30 mg limit per passport and you're allowed 3 passports totaling 90mg. Thanks again for the support and encouragement. This site was created to compliment jesse's Hunting page, not to compete. Its just a free place to share your Deer cam pics, there is also a message board to talk about the pics or to ask questions. Please join us.

Mule

Top Bottom