Picture Posting Procedure

jayber

Reaction score
I just got a scanner and have some pictures to share.  Can someone break-down the pic posting routine for a 'newbie' in that department?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Jayber

You can't put the pix's directly on the Forum....

they have to be posted on a Web Site and that address inserted on the Forum in a certain way (below)

I use Photopoint.com, it was free but it's $10 a year starting 6/1

You have to "Email" the pix's to Photopoint after setting up an Account, they automatically go into an "Incoming Box" and you have to go to Photocom and "Move" the Incoming to a Photo Album you Create (or specify)

Once you do that, you click on the pix in that album until you see "high" at the end of the Address Line, copy this address then go to Forum

Once you are back at the Forum, post a message and add this line:

{img}THE HIGH ADDRESS HERE{/img} only use the Square Brackes instead of {  ( unshifted { )

that will do it,  experiement on the TEST forum section first....

Tinhorn

(Edited by Tinhorn at 9:25 am on May 30, 2001)

Richard Webb

Reaction score
NC Bowhunter-

How did you get rid of the .html extension on your URL?  Yesterday I added a 2nd page, and when I tried PhotoPoint all the advertisements (especially the faces!) ruined the looks of my WebPages.  Oh well, I guess I had better send them $20 before June 4th, or all my forum pig hunting maps will crash.

jayber

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.....the Test was successful using Photopoint.  Now I need to figure out how to shrink the frame and file size!  Hope to post soon!!!!

BTW, what I read on Photopoint was that you can still post up to 10 pics free.  Beyond that it's either $19.95 for up to 250 or $29.95 for up to 500.

jayber

Reaction score
I'll be darned if I can figure out how to shrink the files down!  Resizing in the program (PhotoSuite) that came with the scanner only distorts the pixels, doesn't adjust frame size.  Anybody have any suggestions???

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Jayber-

I edit my photos inside the PhotoPoint Web Site, and it works pretty good.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't your ISP give you space to store files?  I think I get something like 25 MB that I can do whatever with.

ToddP

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Jayber, I may be doing this backwords, but I size my photos on the front end to limit distortion.  When I scan a picture, before I save it, I can make all kinds of adjustments to it.  I size it, set the DPI, select quality, and output type.  I then save it.  It is the size I need for posting on the internet.  It is not thumbnail size unless I make it that way and save it as such.  I normally save my photos 3 inches by 4 inches or 2" x 3".  It depends on the file size.  Less is better.

Tinhorn, I am not sure, but I think the $10.00 PhotoPoint offer was for existing members and was a limited time offer.  Not sure about that.  I still have the e-mail and address  PhotoPoint.com $9.99 deal  where they originally offerd the $10.00 a year thing.  Check this out because I do not think they are advertising it too much.  JB

(Edited by Jon Bain at 9:06 pm on May 30, 2001)

jayber

Reaction score
Jon Bain,
Maybe it's my scanner, but I don't have the option to size things before saving.  When I scan it goes thru an auto-crop and automatically saves the file as a .bmp.  Then I can open in Photosuite and edit or change file type, but haven't figured out how to resize the frame.  That's what we get when the software manufacturers try to make things easier for us, eh?!  I'll figure out something......thanks for all the help!

(Edited by jayber at 7:57 am on May 31, 2001)

gizz

Reaction score
I checked my printed aggreement and I was to be charged $10 for Photopoint.

(Edited by gizz at 6:14 pm on May 31, 2001)

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Jayber, when all else fails click the help button.  I like to search for topics in help files.  In Photosuite III help/search I keyed in resize and found a topic.  Posed below are the directions it gives.  The adjust menu is not one of the neat buttons this program has but is a regular menu item in the upper left part of the screen.  I hope this helps.  I know when I bought this program it wasn’t all I thought it would be.  Let me know if this helped any.  Oh by the way, good pictures.  JB

1.Click the large Prepare button on the Welcome screen, or the Prepare button on the Navigation bar. The Navigation bar is located below the Menu bar. If you just loaded a photo into the program, you will notice that you entered Prepare mode automatically.
2.On the Adjust menu, click Resize. The Resize dialog is displayed.
3.Specify a new width and / or height for the photo. The dimensions are expressed in pixels.
4.Select the Keep Proportions check box if you wish to maintain the aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) in the photo.

Top Bottom