Pictures from a 2-1/2 day predator hunt.

dabob

Reaction score
IMG_9744 - Copy (2) by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_9757 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_9772 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
There is a crossbow bolt in flight on the right side of the above picture.
IMG_9774 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
In the above picture you can see the crossbow bolt on the left side of the picture.
IMG_9851 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_9853 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_9859 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_9863 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_9865 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
IMG_9901 by Robert Morris, on Flickr

OPAH

Reaction score
Coyote with a Bow ! fantastic
Great pictures

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Coyot with a bow wtg! Great pics with the freeze frame action shots with the arrow in flight r awesome. Thnx for sharing!....tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TheGDog

Reaction score
P.S. What is the setup your cameraman has that he is wearing across his chest there? I like how it covers up those items with a color that blends in with the Kryptek fairly decent.

Please provide details as to where I might shop for something like that.

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Those are some amazingly crisp and nice shots. Good job.

TheGDog

Reaction score
Wow.. Ok... so I guess it doesn't matter about trying to hide the caller.

Did you place the caller and speaker on top of that duffel to help elevate the sound to carry better?

Do you guys normally not use a motion decoy?

Do you typically search until you find a large-ish open area like that to place the caller in the middle of?

Sorry about the 20 questions thing. Just making sure to take notes here.

dabob

Reaction score
I like to hide the caller when I can in grass, rocks or behind a small bush. There wasn't any cover like that on the two stands that we made on that video.

The stand where we got the bobcat and missed the coyote with the crossbow was on a small flat area where 3 canyon tops came together on a ridge top. I was sitting flat on the ground and Tom Austin that was running the video camera was sitting on a chair. I could only see the top half of the bobcat because I was sitting on the ground. Tom sitting in the chair could see all of the bobcat. The bobcat couldn't see my Foxpro caller and speaker until it got within about 25 to 30 yards of it.

That may have looked like a largish open area but it was only about 30 yards wide by 70 yards long. Many of the places I call with a shotgun the farthest I can see is 30 to 40 yards.

Putting my caller on top of my caller carry bag does help the sound get out but I mainly do it so that the remote works better. In wide open areas with no cover I will set my Foxpro and speaker on the ground so that they will have a lower profile and not stick out as much.
IMG_0912 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr
In the above picture I had the caller and speaker setting on the ground and the carry bag still looks pretty big.

If we had used a decoy on that bobcat stand the bobcat may have walked right up to the decoy and caller.

Top Bottom