pictures of nothing

d91

Reaction score
I have just completed testing of the camera I made with the Hoffman enclosure. The night pics are crystal clear. I am ecstatic about that. The only problem I seem to be having now is a lot of pics of nothing. I have been putting the cam in open places so it could be heated up trees but I am now wondering if I have cut the field of view of the MS-20 down enough. Anyone else having this trouble. I will say that I did find a hard-to-see bunny in one of the pics of nothing. Anyone discovered a way to decrease the sensitivity of the sensor?

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi d91,

With my first roll the cam snapped 9 pictures, and 3 were without any animals.  The three without animals, and one with a doe leaving the scene was at night.  The others were early morning shots, and the temperature lately has been up around 100 degrees.  The early morning shot caught a dow entering the scene. I don't know what that tell us?

Tell us about your Hoffman enclosure.  How did you cut the holes?  How did you mount the components?  I still have my Father's Day money. (Ha!)

d91

Reaction score
hole saw. mounted the sensor with Auto Goop... I had sent a picture to Jesse. Guess he hasn't put it on the site. I'll link the photos up

(Edited by d91 at 11:00 am on June 19, 2001)

Fubar

Reaction score
I always did believe in Ghosts. Now I am sure.         Fubar

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
I had a few photos on my early roles that had nothing in them as well.  After seeing how many pictures were taken with the deer or other animals on the edges of the picture, I decided to further decrease the field of view of the sensor.  My guess would be that you are having the same problem.  After doing this, most of the deer were better centered in the picture and there were almost no false pictures.  Now, the only false ones I think were caused by something running by really fast, so the camera wasn't fast enough to catch it.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Nice cam D91. I've got your pics i na pile with a bunch of others to get up. I've been busier than a 1 armed paper hanger lately.

Ditto what NC bow said about the coverage. My Dad also get s a few unkowns on his Camtrakker and  I think they are fast moving animals like NC said. A different location will tell you if it is the solar heat on trees that are causing the problem. Sometimes just changing the angle the camera is viewing the area helps the sun on the trees problem for me.

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
d91
where can one geta hoffman enclosure?   looks like a good unit.  how much do they cost?   what is a hoffman enclosure?

d91

Reaction score
http://www.hoffmanonline.com/PDFCatalog/Commercial/index.htm

click on type 3R enclosures then click "hinged cover...small"

There's a local rep section. Look him up and he will be able to tell you who you can get it from. I got a couple freebies from a local rep. They cost about 23 dollars from your local electrical supply house. Well worth it, I think. I plan to buy the next two.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi SWAMPFOOT,

On page 4 of my WebPages I have a place listed that sells the Hoffman Enclosures at a reasonable price.  When I was preparing for Y2K I purchased some of my solar home power stuff from them, and they were reliable.

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
d91,richard webb
thanks for the info i beleive i will try a couple of those for units in near future.

gizz

Reaction score
That's nicer looking than some of the commercial units. Nice Job!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom