Pictures of your cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.

2zwudz

Reaction score
  I know this is a off topic subject but I didnt  know  where to place it.

I think it would be interesting and helpful to others like myself to see pictures and hear stories of how others built there cabin.  I know for myself  that I enjoy seeing different types of cabins and hearing the stories behind them.
Thanks Mark

2zwudz

Reaction score
  I know this is a off topic subject but I didnt  know  where to place it.

I think it would be interesting and helpful to others like myself to see pictures and hear stories of how others built there cabin.  I know for myself  that I enjoy seeing different types of cabins and hearing the stories behind them.
Thanks Mark

Dbworld

Reaction score
Probably want to put this thread in "The Campfire".

But I'd like to see them too....

Dbworld

Reaction score
Probably want to put this thread in "The Campfire".

But I'd like to see them too....

T F Coyote

Reaction score
My dad created this web site to showcase our and our neighbors' cabins: Weesha

Weesha is a group of twelve cabins in the San Bernardino Mountains.  They have been used in movies, TV shows, and commercials.  My family cabin is the one refferred to as the Cedar Lodge.  That's our front porch in the Wrangler ad.  Kawasaki is coming next week to do an ATV commercial.

The oldest of the cabins was built in 1890.  Ours was built in 1923.

Tominator

Reaction score
Nice TFC! I was going to get a pic of my hunting "cabin" till I saw those pics, those are awesome. Mine is more of a shack. As a matter of fact, Ted Kazynski lived in the Biltmore house compared to mine.*LOL* I still call it the Hilton though.
Tominator

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm building a small hunting shack on a loft in an old tobacco drying barn on my hunting property in southern Ohio.  It's about half finished.  I'll get some pics next weekend when I go out there to work.  It ain't much but, like tominator says, it's the "Carlton Ritz" to me.

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Passthru - all ya gotta do is paint HILTON on the side of your tent and and there you are.

marmot

Reaction score
Built this one with my own two hands. Cut the white spruce logs right on the property and skinned them with a draw knife. The roofing and the lumber for the floor, roof and deck was hauled in by strapping it onto the outside of my plane.

The nearest road is 50 miles from my cabin but there is a little trappers trail that goes near there that can be used in winter only (snow machine) because it goes across many swamps. It's a nice getaway and the nearest neighbor is 10 miles away.

Sitting on the front porch, I have seen wolf, moose, lynx, caribou, griz and black bear, not to mention many varieties of small game.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Well we got a Cabin up in Big Bear Lake. It's 2500sq. ft. When we bought it, it was only 700sq. ft. Year after year we tried to fit 12 of us up there at one time, that got old real fast. It's got lots of room, 2 1/2 car garage, 5 bed rooms, dark room set-up, 2 stories, central heating and air. Sounds like an add for sale(sorry LOL).  I plan on doing some Deer Hunting up there, when I'm all finished with my classes, I'll have the time to do so. So check it out  Big Bear Cabin 

(Edited by Thonzberry at 5:17 pm on June 9, 2002)

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
Here is a picture of our family cabin, it is in west central PA.  It's a nice little place where we can all get away.
-Scott-

d trees

Reaction score
Marmot nice job where is your cabin located.

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Wow!  You guys have great places to get away.  I finally got out to my place today and believe it or not I remembered to take a few pics.  The pics that show nothing but framing were taken in March of 2002.  I don't get much time to go out there and during turkey season I didn't want to make a lot of noise so most of the construction came to a screeching halt.  Now it's getting too dang hot to run out there and work all day.  I ain't as young as I once was.

Please let me know if this link does not work.

PlayStation

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Here is about the only pic of our deercamp. Our other one was an A-frame cabin that was burned down just as we finished up. No insurance on it yet. That is my hunting partner Mel. This place still works for us. Quiet, game around, peaceful. MC.

MC's Deercamp

FTTPOW

Reaction score
Three of us went together and built our cabin from an old grainery that we rebuilt. We numbered all the beams, drove out the pegs, and hauled it 180 miles to the site. We built it in a valley on the farmer's land. We have a lease on the land it sets on. We cut some ash and oak from a fencerow and made lumber of it with a portable sawmill. It has ash interior and white oak exterior with walnut lathe strips. We have gas heat, lights, refrigerators, range and waterheater. Electricity is provided by a generator when needed. City water and flush toilet, shower and sinks. I'm sure it can't compare to some of the others in size, comfort, or looks, but it's fine for us. It's a good nerve pill.  

Tominator

Reaction score
That's it! I'm getting a pic of the Hilton and posting it on here. Bald Eagle, that IS the ritz carlton compared to humble little shack.
Tominator

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Bald Eagle,

That's a great place!  What's the deal with Lake Mistake?  Why won't it hold water?  

Regards,
Paul

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Lake Mistake  -  Well, where do I start?  Actually the problem is that about four to five feet below our top soil it's all fractured shale.  I guess millions of years ago it may have been a river bed.  Anyway, the earth is very porous and leaches out everything.

I should have known by the fact that my stream that comes down out of the hills in the back part of the property will flow like the Amazon River near the barn but by the time it gets out to the road (about 2,000 ft.) it's just a trickle.  That water is leaching down into the water table below through the shale.

I could line the lake with clay or a rubber liner but I don't have the money to do it.  Some day I'll get to it.  As for now I have a great mosquito hatchery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom